Thread: Wheelbase

Wheelbase

Guys/Gals,
    I'm in the process of designing a 4 person exotic. I will use alot of existing engine, tranny, and suspension parts. The exterior is going to be of my own design. At the moment im doing alot of scratch paper drawings and while doing them I realized that the wheelbase for the car I'm designing may be too long for the the design. So, my question is what would you estimate the wheelbase to be if you had a Lamborghini Diablo chassis built as a 4 seater. The occupants in the rear would sit like the folks in the front. The lambo's WB is 104in...in my design I would like to stay below a 130in. with a height not exceeding 50in...if it's possible! Thanks for taking a look.

Re: Wheelbase

You should talk to Kelly(ItalianDesigns).. I think you will need a longggg wheelbase for your concept unless you design the car around small back seats (think Porsche 944) and rx8 style rear doors..

This is his 4 door Countach he was selling here a short time ago..http://www.madmechanics.com/the-mall...382/#msg115382

The smaller backseat is what I'm looking for, but I''m trying to keep the height of the car under 50 inches. The idea of everyone sitting the same way was a thought but now I'm starting to think the 1994 Mustang had a small backseat so does the Mini Cooper, but the Mini is 55.9 inches high. Maybe the question should be is there a way to bring the height down below 50 inches without changing the Mini or mustang's seating configuration too much. Obviously dropping the suspension will get us 2 or 3 in but the the last two may require some structural changes....or am I thinking to much into this?

Check into a 1990-1996 300zx get the 2+2 it has the back seats your looking for and you can get it in a twin turbo the Height is 48.3in for the hardtop, downnside is the wheelbase 96.5