Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Murcielago wheels/offsets or finding REPLICA wheels please!

Need help with Murcielago wheels/offsets or finding REPLICA wheels please!

Hello all,

Looking to "pick" the brains of you experts and more experienced people! I have a G-28 Lamborghini Murcielago replica and I am looking to purchase some wheels for it. It's mounted on a stock stretched Fiero chassis with original Fiero suspension. I would prefer to stay away from adapters/spacers and let the actual wheel "make up" for the wide body. The wheels will probably look similar to "buckets", but I think that's a better setup than extra deep adapters. What do you guys think??

I would like to find out:

-If I ordered custom wheels, what offsets (ET) and widths will I need for the fronts/rears?
    -Would it be better to use a combination of an adapter/spacer with a custom offset on the wheel to take away from that deep "bucket" look?
    -What type (how wide) of spacers/adapters are needed to install original Murcielago wheels on to my replica? Are the offsets different for the original Lamborghini Callisto or Hercules wheels?
    -What size tires would be recommended?

Basically, I would like to find out what you other builders have done and what has worked out the best for you. Any recommendations for places to buy wheels and/or preferred aftermarket styles/brands would be appreciated too!

Thanks very much in advance!

Re: Need help with Murcielago wheels/offsets or finding REPLICA wheels please!

Anybody?? ;D

Or, does anyone make Murcielago replica wheels that will fit the Fiero bolt pattern?................similar to what Compomotive does for the 25th Anniversary Countach wheels?

Thanks.

I noticed that no one answered this question a while back, but now I'm in the same boat and was wondering what offset, wheel size, adapter size, etc.. is needed for a Murcielago body on a fiero suspension. What is everyone else running?

I have the Murci wheels on my fiero front susupension no adapters or spacers. I am currently waiting on the machined uprights for the rear. For me I used the Held 2" wide track (my car is a diablo though) should have been 2 1/4 or 2 3/8 though for the Murci wheels. The front suspension has a set of custom front spindles with a set of custom front wheel bearings to fit the murc pattern. I do think though I could have used the s10 front wheel bearings though instead of the custom front bearings. The rear will consist of pont 6000HD uprights machined with the s10 bearings. The rear control arms will have a helds 1 1/4" wide track bump steer kit. It is exspensive but I think its the way to go rather than using huge spacers and adapters. I do suggest you have your wheels first to figure the offsets out. I had planned to use HRE wheels on mine until I had seen a set of chrome murcs and it turned out the offset was slightly different than I original planned for the front suspension. I already had the suspension installed for a few years and I was not about to change it. If you wanted to go a less expensive route look into the front corvair hub/bearing swap, that will also get you the lambo pattern.

I currently have the front wheel off if you need some measurements of the murc wheels.

Mike

You didnt say what your motivation for staying with the stock fiero suspension. I would assume cost but you should consider that the better solution is to extend the suspension to meet the wheels. Adapters add additional stress to the wheel bearings and in the front changes the scrub radius this can cause kickback when you hit bumps and rubbing issues as the wheel goes thru its turning arc.

Having said that I think that Mike has answered your questions while I was typing this....

Okay, so lets say that I didnt go with a factory Lambo wheel, and just got a set of 19x8.5 and 19x9.5, could I just do the wide track front suspension with factory spindles and bolt pattern? The factory Fiero 5x100 is pretty common, right? The wide track suspension just consists of upper and lower control arms, correct? I guess I'm just concerned about spending $3-4K for wheels and another $1-2K for suspension upgrades. I would love to go with a factory Lambo wheel, but that usually doubles the price from what I can tell, and I'm not totally hell bent on a factory wheel either, I want a rim that has a deep lip in the rear.

I would extend the front at the very least, and the kits do have upper and lower control arms included. If $$$ is your concern (as it is for most of us) you can use the spacers in the rear

i believe that spacers or extended arms would be the best option because extreme offset(and it would be very extreme) will cause your brake calipers/rotors would look very different than a real murci setting so far in. extend arms and/or spacers will allow for a more realistic look.

i also believe that by having the wheel made the way your thinking will cause just as much pressure on the wheel bearings as a spacer would. i may be wrong though.

as far as cost; these wheels with a set of spacers is far cheaper than any alternative

Yeah, I've decided that I'll definitely go with the widetrack front suspension, so I'm going to keep an eye out for that setup, if you know anyone with one for sale. After researching it, that's the only way to go in the front. As far as the rear, I think that spacers would be sufficient after I acquire wheels and determine the offset needed.

rss, I freakin love those wheels and if you were in Arizona I'd buy them from you. What state are you in?

in the tarheel state n.c. funny i think these came from arizona. good call on going without front spacers. i dont think some people on here understand the "scrub radius" problem. thats why people have large fender wells and smaller wheels/or inset wheels. I just recently heard that the 355 ferrari has wide spacers on its rear.