Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP TUBULAR REAR CONTROL ARMS

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

HELP TUBULAR REAR CONTROL ARMS

I NEED THE MEASUREMENTS TO MAKE BOTH THE UPPER AN LOWER REAR CONTROL ARM JIG FRAME HOW WIDE APART ARE THEY SO I CAN MAKE THEM ,from the lower chassis bar how far do the lower arm extend out is IT 15" OR WHAT ???? where is Jdinner KING of the replica chassis

UPPER JIG FRAME MADE OF ANGLE IRON
    ANGLE IRON JIG MEASUREMENT

USING URATHAN OR RUBBER DAILY DRIVER STREET CAR
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Front-...and2,1583.html
    14" ROTOR CALIPER ADAPTER

WHAT IS THE LENGHT ON THE LOWER ARM FROM THE CHASSIS MAIN LOWER TUBE

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: HELP TUBULAR REAR CONTROL ARMS

THIS is my chassis sub-frame , it has no susp. mounting tabs on it ,i will have to add these, with the economy bad an budget builders in mind ,this is the very best of BOTH WORLDS TUBULAR REAR AN UPGRADED FRONT SUSP. Nice for the 250HP to 400HP persons build

NOT MY PIC. THIS IS HOW I WILL BE CUTTING UP MY FIERO TO SIT THE TUB INTO THE SUB-FRAME AN USING THE FIERO FRONT SUSP. WITH SOME MODIFICATIONS FOR THE 14" ROTORS

P.S. This will pass New York an New Jersey Law on no full Tub Chassis
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    I NEED THE MEASUREMENTS TO MAKE BOTH THE UPPER AN LOWER REAR CONTROL ARM JIG FRAME HOW WIDE APART ARE THEY SO I CAN MAKE THEM ,from the lower chassis bar how far do the lower arm extend out is IT 15" OR WHAT ???? where is Jdinner KING of the replica chassis

UPPER JIG FRAME MADE OF ANGLE IRON
    ANGLE IRON JIG MEASUREMENT

USING URATHAN OR RUBBER DAILY DRIVER STREET CAR
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Front-...and2,1583.html
    14" ROTOR CALIPER ADAPTER

WHAT IS THE LENGHT ON THE LOWER ARM FROM THE CHASSIS MAIN LOWER TUBE

here you´ve got the info you´re looking for, I hope it will help you
    http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...-chassis-susp/

Hey I have a set of plans for the chassisworks chassis and suspension let me know if these may help..Later Luke

Quote Originally Posted by lukester
    Hey I have a set of plans for the chassisworks chassis and suspension let me know if these may help..Later Luke
    brackets to well onto my rear chassis rail pm me

You go through all that work to make a tube chassis, and new rear suspension components, and new 14" rotor system, and then you are going to keep the Fiero front suspension?
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    You go through all that work to make a tube chassis, and new rear suspension components, and new 14" rotor system, and then you are going to keep the Fiero front suspension?
    i am keeping the cross member everything else get replaced all the details are not worked out yet so i do not want to post anything until the bugs are worked out then i will repost the rotors ,new spindle an wide track control arms

Luke, no part of the plans you purchased may be shared with anyone. They are intellectual property protected by Copyright law.I have sent you an e mail regarding the issue. You risk all future support in your build if you share anything from your plans. If this gentleman wants the dimensions, he may contact me directly.
    Thanks, Mike
    www.Chassisworksinc.com<br />www.Chassissupply.com

I told you already IKR, you can not make the control arms until you have purchased your wheels, brakes and body.
    I have all the dimensions but the length is variable based on the above factors.
    If you make them too long your wheels will stick out. If they are too short you will need to make spacers, hub pilots and longer studs.
    My current build has control arms that are about 1.5" shorter than the NAERC plans on the rear and 1" longer on the front.
    The chassis plans from naerc are designed to fit their wheels and their body using the brakes they suggest.

I have a formula for the length based on the wheel mounting surface. If you are using big brakes that will not fit without spacers, the spacer width needs to be subtracted too.
    The D&R body is about 2 inches narrower than the naerc body across the rear, this was a factor also.

If you position your wheels and tires under your body and move them around until you LOVE the stance then you only need to measure from mount surface to mount surface. With that measurement I can tell you how long to make the control arms.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdinner
    You can not make the control arms until you have purchased your wheels, brakes and body.
    Seems this has come up before, in MANY other posts. Why people insist on building the car, suspension and all, with no reference?!?! I am truly puzzled that even the senior experienced folks here will try to set the offset/height without a wheel mounted to a tire to see how wide the car must be. Lesson learned for me long ago.