Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F355 engine cover help???

F355 engine cover help???

Hey fella hows it going i got a quick question it seems that the KitMan dose not know all ok you know how the trunk of the 355 has all those holes in it how do you prevent you engine from gettin wet when it rains or is it alright let me know fellas holla

KitMan
    There may be many kit men but there is only one KitMan except no subustutions

Re:F355 engine cover help???

You keep your baby out in the rain? HOW could you!!! j/k It shouldn't hurt it I think. I had my 355 over 2 years and it made it passed my 10 car washes a week and occasional raining weather. Sometimes when it rained and the car was outside I just popped the trunk and put plastic over the engine. But I tried not to make it a habit leaving the car outside when it rained.

It's not going to be too much of a problem.You might be better off leaveing those vents close and painting them black, unless they were already cut out.I know that the rain can wreak havick and cause poor electrical connections over time, causeing your car, to... not want to start.If you have a V8 installed then your going to probubly want them open.You might consider useing some mesh grateing on the inside of the trunk to help keep a little water out and when possible keep the trunk area covered if you leave it out in the rain.......
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

What I have seen done is to cut the "slats" out as most people do and install a perferated steel grill inside up against the slats. Hold that perf steel to the decklid by an additional 1/2 inch tube "frame" that you then bolt a tray to. This tray is only about 1/2 inch deep but runs about 60% of the width of the decklid and is virtually invisible from about because it's below the slats and grill work. When water enters the decklid, the bulk of it is safely collected into the tray and harmlessly dumped to the sides of the motor while the other uncovered areas are in a non-harmful place anyway.

Over the trunk portion of the Fiero, same deal only more coverage.

Best of luck,

DKOV -

I just cut them out and sprayed a good silicone spray on the electronics. I never had a problem in the 5 years of my daily driving of the Mirage Kit. I did drill a drain hole in the trunk. Put a black vinyl cover over the trunk opening held in place with Velcro (Similar to the way a 328 had the trunk covered) and a metal splash pan over the coil and distributor, you should be fine.

I have just installed a 3800 in my car and will have to keep you posted on the progress over the next five years.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

those were all great ideas thanks alot guys that was a big help oh MAPICS_Man nice 355 i like it let me ask you something did you paint the part on your trunk where it says 355 black???? just wondering thanks

The part above the tail light panel is an OEM 355 screen and brakelight. The tail light panel is also OEM 355 (Metal Part). I have since put a Challenge Screen in place of the tail light panel. They just bolted up.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by MAPICS_Man
    The part above the tail light panel is an OEM 355 screen and brakelight. The tail light panel is also OEM 355 (Metal Part). I have since put a Challenge Screen in place of the tail light panel. They just bolted up.
    do you think you could give me OEM'S address so that i can look into that because that really sets the 355 rear clip off thanks

OEM isn't a place with an address... It means "Original Equipment Manufacturer". In other words, they are real Ferrari Parts purchased from a parts dealer.

Check out www.kitcaraccessories.com for an example of some of these. Some of us have contacts and parts as well. I had a spare F355 3rd light, but I just sold it.

Good Luck,

DKOV -

thanks alot ill look into that right away.....