Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IKR PLUG

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

IKR PLUG

The Plug was delivered today

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: IKR PLUG

Get that thing over to prototype2's place and let him make this thing reality.. He seems very (dare I say it :-X) "trustworthy" and his work is definately up to par..

What do you think of what you recieved IKR? How does it look in person? I cant tell very well from the pictures..

Now that i have it i am going to stay positive ,it is good work ,
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    Great.. Are you going to finish it yourself??

Hi, When are you going to put kits of for sale if you are that is and how much are you thinking about saleing it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    Great.. Are you going to finish it yourself??
    talking with prototype2 (pm an email ) i had a wreck in my truck while out of town last week , it was not good , but back to what i was saying i plan to cover it with 6-8 mill poly plastic then mesh wire that will be lightly happered into shape then stapled to the bulk then 2-3 layers of 1.5oz mat covering that here is the link to the mesh Most opinions are welcome this is my first time doing this ,

http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control...0X020A0160W48T

Talked to Franko he will be making the rear clip no rear bumper , up to his windshield tray for me ,he is only doing this because he knewabout this project several months ago

No parts for sale on the other question this may take some time to get done ,who knows ,i waited until i had everything in hand before i posted the shipping alone was $3500.00 seafreight boxing an Custom clearance an they had it 35 days before it was releast so its been costly for those that want to know ??? :-[ :'( >
    Now ;D 8)

PROCESS I PLAN TO FOLLOW someone has done with mesh wire

test sample 2layers 1.5oz
    mesh skin
    1.5oz skin
    sand putty filler an prime
    evercoat adhesive/filler link below, mold time
    pull molds

http://yhst-13811118617756.stores.ya...vvepaadga.html

http://www.mtpisgah.net/Fiero/galler...?g2_itemId=570

trying to buy the rear section with the tail lights openings, i want it from the back of the engine cover opening to the tail lights then i will add this to Franko body kit

process i am following an waiting on prototype2 to give it his blessings before i get going

Good job on the research!

Theres many options that you can go with

Spandex: thin and will require a few layers of fiberglass on top, but easy to work with

Flet: It's thick enough that you don't need fiberglass over top, just apply resin sand down and add the bondo

The main problem with these two methods is that it forms to the shape where its been stapled down, and might leave a low or high spot. If you go with the wire mesh it should be nice and smooth all around and keep the shape for you when you apply the fliberglass over top. Just play with some samples see which one works best for you. Personaly I havent tryed the wire mesh, but it does look like its a good method to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobi1
    Dave, don't forget to keep the 5 mm wide grooves on the wooden planes, they are the key spots that show the correct position of the body lines (sills) such like headlights, bonnet, bumper... Also, you will notice some very narrow grooves here and there - they mark all the edges between 1 and 45 degrees.
    As for the plug covering, I suggest you won't use the Fibran that was inside the box, so I recommend an alternative by using a very thin sheet/mesh and body filler finish over it (although it's costly cause of the more body filler required to fill up the mesh). The borders of the wooden planes are 1 mm smaller than the 3d model, meaning that you will reach the exact "3D-like" surface level once you add 1 mm layer of filler over the planes. I'm going to send you some high-res renderings of the 3D model to show you the necessary details situated over the wooden cross sections.
    THE WORK IS GOOD Bobi THATS all i will say i still have to find headlight pods

i have thought of making a mold like that, would it work if you stretched fabric over the wood and stapled it on then use f/g resin to harden it.... thats the way ppl make speakerboxes