Thread: changing Fiero bolt pattern

changing Fiero bolt pattern

I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop that sells kits to convert the Fiero spindles so it can accept Vette hubs thus eliminating the need for wheel spacers...or if anyone has any other ideas to eliminate the use of wheel spacers and directly bolting lambo rims.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: changing Fiero bolt pattern

I was just talking to Held about this a few days ago and he said they take the Fiero Hub and modify them at a machine shop. He says they reinforce metal on them and weld them and it takes 2-3 weeks and costs about $500 to get 2 of them done. He says you can use the ones from the S10 but you may not be able to bring the wheels out as much and increase the track

I just bought a set of fiero front hubs with the lambo bolt pattern. If you are using them on the front you will need to buy new spindles as well. PM for pics.

There are several methods for increasing bolt pattern, but it depends on the year of the car, 88's will be different than the earlier models. Speaking from experience on the early models, the back is easy to change. just switch the hub and upright with a heavy duty version off a Ceira/Celebrity/S10. This will give you a 5x115 pattern, but the hub is large enough to be redrilled for most other patterns. Plus you get bigger brakes. The front is trickier because there is not enough meet on the rotor (turnde down to remove the brake portion) to make the pattern bigger (without welding something on). I'm looking at several options for changing the upright, but I do not have it worked out yet. There is an article at Pennocks by bubbajoexxx on swapping to a Corvair hub. This provides the Corvette 5x4.75" pattern, and again provides meat for other patterns, too. Requires a moderate amount of machine work.

From what I understand, the 88 hubs have enough metal to increase the pattern, but I do not know how big it can go.

hope this helps a bit...

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I spoke with Chris at West Coast Fiero and he told me the best way would be to get spindles from them and should be able to put Vette hubs on it and that should do the trick...

I've seen where someone went with 5 on 130mm, I think, on the 88 front hubs. Made stock Porsche Carrera wheels fit.

On the front you can use corvair hubs which has a 5 x 43/4 pattern there is an article on pennocks that lists the process mainly different bearings and such very little machine work. As far as the rear a machineshop can cut a donut out of sttel same thivkness as hub wld together then machine it flat the drill pattern