Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mr2 audi v8 engine??

mr2 audi v8 engine??

can anyone see any reasons why an audi v8 (4.2 n/a) wouldnt fit into an mr2 sw20? im thinking of taking out my rev1 turbo engine and replacing it with the audi lump (more for sound, but the performance would be phenominal) i will obviously be cutting the boot away should i carry out this project. i have never done an engine swap before so i know the obvious things like driveshaft length would need to change and gearbox adaptor plate/engine mounts would need to be made professionally. any help appreciated. thanks. lewis. ;D

Re: mr2 audi v8 engine??

can anyone see any reasons why an audi v8 (4.2 n/a) wouldnt fit into an mr2 sw20? im thinking of taking out my rev1 turbo engine and replacing it with the audi lump (more for sound, but the performance would be phenominal) i will obviously be cutting the boot away should i carry out this project..
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpeter
    can anyone see any reasons why an audi v8 (4.2 n/a) wouldnt fit into an mr2 sw20? im thinking of taking out my rev1 turbo engine and replacing it with the audi lump (more for sound, but the performance would be phenominal) i will obviously be cutting the boot away should i carry out this project..
    I know on the Mk1 MR2 that this would involve some minimal cabin intrusion if the wheel base is not extended but on the Mk3 MRS it requires the fuel cell to be moved into the frunk - where the spare wheel is stored.

The fuel cell does not present a problem from a practical point of view as the weight it creates balances the handling as there will be a missive amount of power from the rear.

contact extreme as they are now doing an audi v8 for mk2 mr2.

www.extremeoc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by aak1203
    contact extreme as they are now doing an audi v8 for mk2 mr2.

www.extremeoc.co.uk
    That's outstanding... not only 5 and 6 gear option but with flappy paddle change as well.

Nice work Extreme, the phone will be ringing off the hook pretty soon. Keep posting I am very VERY interested.

Out of curiosity...is there any chance that the dummy engine cover can be fabricated so that it bolts/bond to the Audi rocker cover etc. Just an idea but gives the build that edge of authenticity.

Talk to Paul Woods at Woodsport - they are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by maybemodena
    Talk to Paul Woods at Woodsport - they are working on it.
    Are you aware of anyone else doing the V8 Audi install Dave? I think Paul W is doing the 4.2 A8 but it is very much in the trial stages at present.