Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiero tail lights wired to Lambo tail lights Help

Fiero tail lights wired to Lambo tail lights Help

Hello friends and family, can someone help me with the wiring of my fiero tail lights to the lamborghini tail lights. One of my lights are too bright and the police pulled me over for it.

Re: Fiero tail lights wired to Lambo tail lights Help

thats because they are rear fog lights and are only supposed to be on when its foggy!(euro requirement) . the lamps are .. working from left to right stop/tail (2 filament bulb), turn signal, reverse, fog, the bottom red strip is a reflex (sparkles when hit by extrerior light) and does not have a bulb

Perfect, can i just remove the light without making the other lights stop working? Thanks for your help.

On murciMe car the bottom is a turn light, did you see his video?

Wo-wo-wo, wait a minute here. The reason that the light is to bright is because its wired wrong. The inner-most red lens is is brake light only! If its wired into your parking lights, its on whenever they are, and its a very bright light. The correct sequence for the lights, starting left to right, on the left assembly is,- Red (parking/brake light), Yellow (turn signal), White (reverse), and Red (brake light). The strip on the bottom is a reflector, and cant be lit. When the lights are on on the rear of the car, only the outermost red lamp should be on. When the brakes are applied, the outermost red should get brighter (since its a dual filament bulb) and the innermost red should come on. I dont know about this "fog light" theory, especially for the rear of the car, and it being a red lens. That would also mean that there would have to be a seperate switch inside the car to turn it on and off (which there isn't), or some new "fog sensing circuit" (LOL) that would do it automatically (which there isn't!). Use your head on this, its only common sense. My friend has the same lights as yours, and that is how they are wired, as so is the OEM car.
    Your lights are standard Murcielago, and mine are LP640. The bottom strip on my lights are half turn signal, and half back-up lamp (reverse).
    Without talent experience is worthless

ok do you have the correct way I should wire the fiero lights up? I'm driving the car finally and i cant wait to start the batwings

ok the lamps in the picture are ECE (europe) lamps, in europe you are not allowed to use a red colored lamp as a turn signal, hence the yellow lamp, the outside red lamp is a tail /stop 5/55w . the inner most lamp (nearest the vehicle centerline) is most definately a "rear fog" and is required by ECE regulation to be brighter than the stop lamp and a minimum of 100mm away from stop lamp. so if you wire it up as an additional stop lamp, or an additional side lamp this is incorrect.
    In the USA (SAE) there is no requirement for a "rear fog" but most euro OEM's leave them in there

you ever wondered why a german spec chrysler 300 has a different rear bumper ? with those extra red lights, its because they are "fog lights" and required to meet homologation regs.

How do you turn them on and off? show me a pic of the switch/button and where its located. I still think its B.S., since I've been to the dealership and seen the lights working on the actual car.
    Without talent experience is worthless

in europe the dash switches look like this
    Attached Images Attached Images    

does that help clarify, the world is bigger than the USA!

Murcie-me.
    is it possible to plant some LED behind the bottom reflector?
    i think its cool with led in it. ;D