Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket suspension on Murcielago

Aftermarket suspension on Murcielago

I am about to pull the plug and buy a genuine Murcielago. It has minor damage but it was totaled because just the parts cost over 100k. Thats what happens when they charge 20k just for a bumper. I had the car looked at and it has some suspension damage. My question is can I buy a suspension system for example a corvette suspension system and have it fitted? Well I know anything is possible but is it practical? Will this be cost effective?

Re: Aftermarket suspension on Murcielago

which murcielago are you planning to buy? Is it on Ebay? Just curious and any pictures?

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

make a list of damaged susp. components an take a few pic. you may find a totaled car to get all the parts to rebuild your an then replace the body parts with fiberglass pieces
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Most of the suspension parts are not that expensive and I think you would be better off using factory stuff. But as you have seen the body parts are $$$$$$ so aftermarket parts are the way to go. Should not be to hard for IKR or Murci me to get you a front bumper to bolt to the stock moutnts. Is it the black LP you are lookin at???

I wouldnt go with aftermarket suspension. As long as all the parts are still on the car, damaged or not, the pieces that you need will be easy to replicate using the old damaged pieces as a blueprint, and even salvaging pieces from the damaged parts to make the new one. I'd love to have a project like that!
    Without talent experience is worthless

Faker, which suspension is damaged? both front or both rear?
    I remember i saw a whole set of good condition murcie's suspension at japan's auction site and post picts at JVD's murcenary's thread.

its cost about $3K++~4K. top up shipping, i think $5K will do.

..will check if they are still there update...

bad news...its not in his listing anymore...
    IT WAS THERE FOR MONTHSSSS!!! and no one bid on them!
    i wanted so much to buy it that time but JVD said its no use at all.. :-[

http://www.madmechanics.com/build-di...murcenary/285/

now, only the diablo's left... @220K japanese yen...(approx USD$2400).

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k109966535

I dont know exactly everything that is broken or bent. I would assume the control arms on one side need to be replaced and maybe the hub and rotor. Also where the springs connect seems to be bent. The body panels are the easy part, if it was only body damage this would have been cake. Even if every single panel needed replacing.

No I dont have Lp640 panels yet, but I should be getting them very soon.

Its a 2003 regular Murcielago, non lp640. I wouldnt spend the money for a Lp640 because I am planning on upgrading the regular one to look like an lp640. After the bumpers and rockers and taillights are changed the difference is very minimal. A local wholesaler has the car and they want 65k for it, I am looking to spend around 50-55k for it and I think If I make an offer around there I will get it in this market.

Another question is since it will be a salvaged title it needs a special inspection before it gets registered. Will using fiberglass parts with no vin numbers on them be a problem?

I am looking to spend around 5K to get the suspension fixed, I just dont want to get into something that is going to cost huge money, cause if thats the case this project is not worth it for me. I wonder how much time and cost it will take to build copies of suspension components. I am getting Lp640 panels soon, I already got lp640 wheels, I got the lp640 taillights, so if I scoop this car up for around 50K and put another 5-10k into it, I will be ahead of the game.

i will try have my agent to contact the seller..(because i dont have an account there and i dont read/speak japanese)..
    can u check with the dealer if the diablo's susp can be use on the murci.
    If yes, u may take the one i posted above. Its a bargain!

i dont think u need any thing to verify for panels and susp repair for inspection...
    but a simple call to check with the authority is best idea.. ;D

Shoot this guy an email the has been selling Murci Roadster parts. He is in Korea but he may have what you want for a great price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...spagenameZWDVW

Also the guy with the wrecked LP on ebay always has parts and wrecked cars,you may want to send him a email to.