Thread: 355 light covers???

355 light covers???

hi i was wondering if there was a way to use the fiero head light covers unit to put the 355 headlight covers on like the 87 fiero headlight covers work attached to the hood????

Re:355 light covers???

You can, and I've seen it, attach the headlamp doors to the front decklid. Easy install and it works fine but is NOT they way it was build to work...

The headlamps are supposed to stay put when the decklid is opened, but that's arbitrary as long as you are happy with it.

You will do a combination of bonding, screwing and lashing the hinges down. Fit everything first and mark. Pin tap you pilot hols for mounting small 1/2 inch wood screws, drill shallow pilot holes. Rough up the hinge face that contacts the fiberglass pretty good. Using POLYURATHANE ADHESIVE on the hinge portion, set it in place and run the screws in to hold it in place. Once all this dries, lay two aluminum plummers straps across the hinges and Poly them in place. You can drill and tap short screws there too if you like. When that is completely dry, bond all that together and into the decklid with fiber reinforced glass compound and let dry. Sand and shape, prime and paint.

I bit overkill on the securing portion but they WON'T come off.... EVER. Now, when closed, the headlamps will push up through the lids and open them.

NOW you have a different problem... That continued grinding on the lids may compromise them someday. I recommend glasing in a pair of steel rods to combat this. Run them fore to aft, glassed on each end, into the inside top of the buckets to give the light mechanism something to slide along.

Good Luck!

DKOV -