Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F355 spider body help

F355 spider body help

Does anyone happen to have a mold of the front lip that the engine cover sits on that runs between the rear quarters? I need both corners and all the way across the front of the engine cover. It should look similar to this picture, only I need all the way across.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: F355 spider body help

Where did you get that piece from? My OEM spider quarters had the same lip profile on them but the opening for the coupe is a completely different lip that I don't like at all. I want to cut out the opening and use the OEM spider lips but they only are the straight part and not the curve like you have. I might be able to mold you a straight piece if you would want to make me a set of corners so I dont have to create those from scratch. If I pulled one of the quarter, it will only be the lip and the panel top. It wouldnt have the lip that the top would mount to (the lip your thumb is pointing to).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
    Where did you get that piece from? My OEM spider quarters had the same lip profile on them but the opening for the coupe is a completely different lip that I don't like at all. I want to cut out the opening and use the OEM spider lips but they only are the straight part and not the curve like you have. I might be able to mold you a straight piece if you would want to make me a set of corners so I dont have to create those from scratch. If I pulled one of the quarter, it will only be the lip and the panel top. It wouldnt have the lip that the top would mount to (the lip your thumb is pointing to).
    I have one of the original spider kits that John made. My rear quarters are the actual molds off of real spider quarters. In fact, one of the molds was made off of a wrecked quarter, so there had to be some body work done on the fiberglass quarter after it was pulled from the mold. One of the quarters had that curve on the front of it, the other did not. The curve is not symetrical, though it is fairly close. I don't know if we can easilly make the other side off of it or not.

I have the full length engine cover. It is actually several inches longer than the berlinetta engine cover.

I can make a mold for you of this piece if it will help you out, but unfortunately I only have that one side.

I have the same quarters as you do from John, mine just didnt have the curved part on it. As for the berlinetta, mine use to have the shorter cover but I extended mine so I could see more of the engine since it is now longitudinal. Maybe we can work together to get all of the pieces we need to build this lip??

I have the same quarters as you do from John, mine just didnt have the curved part on it. As for the berlinetta, mine use to have the shorter cover but I extended mine so I could see more of the engine since it is now longitudinal. Maybe we can work together to get all of the pieces we need to build this lip??
    I'm in. Whatever we have to do. I have the right corner already, and I can probably fab the rest. I was just hoping there was an easier way. Whatever we have to do... I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by tobygaff
    Does anyone happen to have a mold of the front lip that the engine cover sits on that runs between the rear quarters? I need both corners and all the way across the front of the engine cover. It should look similar to this picture, only I need all the way across.

Thanks.
    I will have to check to confirm but I think I have the molds for those peices. I will look tonight.

Bart

any luck with this and the inner hood panel that we spoke about?

any luck with this and the inner hood panel that we spoke about?
    Inner hood panel is no problem. I am trying to figure if I have those other pieces in a misc small mold pile that John gave me. He molded quite a few things from the original car that served no purpose on the kit developed for the Fiero. I have also thought maybe the peice that runs under the coupe rear glass could be modified to fit your needs if I don't have those spider corners?

Bart

I made one to fit the decklid.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

keep in mind the Fiero is a bit wider than the Ferrari. I split my quarter panels usin a "V".
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.