Thread: Automatic Transaxle for mid-engine

Automatic Transaxle for mid-engine

If anyone is looking for an automatic transaxle to use in a mid-engine car with a V8 I have found one that will work. Contact me for more information about the conversion.

Eric Martin
    www.kitcarchassis.com
    214-606-2457

Re: Automatic Transaxle for mid-engine

Why dont you just tell us?

Porsche/Mercedes transaxle. Will be able to handle V8 power. I am doing research and measuring for the adaptor parts now.

Quote Originally Posted by kit car builder
    Porsche/Mercedes transaxle. Will be able to handle V8 power. I am doing research and measuring for the adaptor parts now.
    I spoke to Kennedy Engineering a few weeks ago and they are already working on an adaptor for it and the manual trans. I am assuming you are talking about the Porsche Boxster and Caymen Trans.

There is another option, Chrysler 42LE, I have talked to and made a trip to visit someone that has 400hp infront of it for about 70K miles without any issues.

If you are willing to settle for a transverse engine, GM has parts for th 4t65ehd which make it handle 1000 hp. I'm curious if the 6t70e can be built too for those of us who want a 6 speed paddle shifter.

How far out are you with the boxster trans adapter? I talked to KEP yesterday and specifically inquired as to why they don't use the boxster transaxle because of their increasing availability and relatively low cost as compared to remaned 915, 930, or g50's. I was told that it's a waste of time becasue that cant handle the HP over the engine they were designed for. I personally thought the G86 was a good option for the budget builder becasue it handles 320 hp fromt he boxster S and cayman.

They also dont make adapters for the Infiniti Nissan VQ35 engines or the bulletproof 2JZ toyota engines.

Based on the availability of the adapter, it looks like i'll be going with the 1uz lexus V8 and a remaned 915 or 930 trnsaxle with obviously the KEP adapter. I just wish they're were more options for those that dont want to use SBF or SBC , LS engines.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

FOR A STOCK FIERO SET-UP THIS AUTOMATIC 6-SPEED GM WOULD BE GREAT ,I FEEL LIKE GAS WILL GO BACK UP UNTIL VACTION SEASON IS OVER ,THIS SHOULD GET GREAT GAS MILAGE ,NOW WHO WOULD MAKE A STAND A LONE CONTROLLER BOX FOR IT

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by jrslyrics
    How far out are you with the boxster trans adapter? I talked to KEP yesterday and specifically inquired as to why they don't use the boxster transaxle because of their increasing availability and relatively low cost as compared to remaned 915, 930, or g50's. I was told that it's a waste of time becasue that cant handle the HP over the engine they were designed for. I personally thought the G86 was a good option for the budget builder becasue it handles 320 hp fromt he boxster S and cayman.

They also dont make adapters for the Infiniti Nissan VQ35 engines or the bulletproof 2JZ toyota engines.

Based on the availability of the adapter, it looks like i'll be going with the 1uz lexus V8 and a remaned 915 or 930 trnsaxle with obviously the KEP adapter. I just wish they're were more options for those that dont want to use SBF or SBC , LS engines.

The Boxster S or Cayman should be good for 400 to 450 HP. I have the dimensions and am just looking for someone with a car to install it in. If you need an adaptor that KEP doesn't do let me know.