Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a wiring diagram for 355 tail lights

I need a wiring diagram for 355 tail lights

I am new here but I have been on PFF for a long time and have done several kits.
    I am working on a one off custom with my car and I am using 355 tail lights.
    can someone help me out with a diagram so I can get them wired up.
    I have been trying to figure out how to get them to work.

thanks in advance
    D.

Re: I need a wiring diagram for 355 tail lights

There is a thread somewhere on here with pinouts to the OEM F355 tails. It, however is not correct. I wired it up like the thread on here shows, and I seem to remember the ground was incorrect splitting the voltage between the backup lights and brake lights. This caused havoc for me because I had my stereo/backup camera hooked up to the reverse light to shut down the stereo and display the backup camera WHEN IN REVERSE. So, whenever you would switch the turn signal on, the stereo would shut off and on with the turn signals. I am sure I can find that thread, but since it is WRONG, I will save you the trouble as this was more of a headache than I ever imagined to t-shoot after the harness was completed.
    Thought I would save you some time in case someone linked you that thread. Rock auto has the plugs that fits the OEM lights, I think it is an alternator feedback plug for a GM vehicle.
    Best solution is to get a ohmmeter, take the black cover off the OEM lights, find the (common) ground for the bulbs and the rest will fall into place for ya. Eric

I have looked for a diagram on here and other sites as well and can not locate one. I have tried to wire up the lights using a test light and meter. I found all the circuts I need the problem I am having is 355 lights have 2 circut bulbs and I can not figure out how to get the outer lights to do 3 things without back feeding the rest of them.
    how did you wire them up to get the brake, turn, and running lights to all work the inside light is no problem it is just brake and backup lights the outer light is a PITA!
    any help would be great. I have tried even using relays with no luck.
    D.

Ok, guys are you all trying to tell me with all the 355 builds on here that no one knows how to make the lights work like they do on the real car?

I could realy use a little help here! I would like to get this done.

thanks

I don't know the info you need but Welcome to the Forum! I'm also on PFF.

Im a bit confused on your problem?Just remember if there are any duel filament bulbs, they will serve two functions (more info on that if needed).If all the bulbs are single filament,then it's prety obvious that there is one function for each bulb.Try looking inside the wireing harnes for each bulb socket do you see something like 1 or 2 pins inside the bottom (they might be curved contacts).Two pins (or contacts) would indicate that is intended for a duel filament bulb and you should make sure that type of bulb is being used.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Hey Dean.. I know you ;D Welcome to the forum..

There was a thread on this, but it seems the diagram was bad from what FerrariXXX said.. I thought there were other threads on this subject though..

There are a lot of 355 owners on here and someone has to have ducumented the lighting.. Dave (funnywheels) documents everything and he must have some information on this subject.. He has not been on here a to much lately though..

--Mark

At some point I will also need this information. I've got the lights, but have not started my build yet...still collecting needed parts. So I would also like to know the correct way to do this for future reference.

Does anyone have a part number for the plugs that fit the lights from Rock Auto?

Thanks,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Modat5
    At some point I will also need this information. I've got the lights, but have not started my build yet...still collecting needed parts. So I would also like to know the correct way to do this for future reference.

Does anyone have a part number for the plugs that fit the lights from Rock Auto?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi, guys it is a small world.LOL! I know the part # for the plugs it is AC Delco #1135
    the bulbs are duel filliment stock F***** tail lights.
    I have wired many things but this one is P*ssing me off! a friend of mine gave me Daves cell #
    so I am going to call him.
    if I can get it to work I will post the exact details for everyone else.
    D.

Here's the link to the thread. this worked for me. should work fine as long as you don't have a backup camera etc using different grounds.

http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...cseen#msg43154
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.