Thread: starting a custome kit from scratch

starting a custome kit from scratch

hello am new here so i thought i would say hi and tell what you what am about to do, i have alway wanted to build a car but am into something that no else has so i thought i would design a space frame chassis and body from scratch am starting the drawings in a few days its going to be a similer shape to veyron
    the only problem am having if anyone can help would be great iam going with a V8 engine but i want to put a AWD system like the lambo i was thinking of trying to purchase a jaguar engine (supercharged) with a range rover drive system would this be able to work together i would build the frame around the engine and differentials am not to bad at the design but when it come to the drive train am lost.
    thank to who ever can help me with this as sson as i have made the drawing i will put them up for all to see any feed back will be great

Re: starting a custome kit from scratch

audi drive train.put engine and trans in the mid position.put rear diff in front.run a V drive to the front.you might have to flip/invert/turn upside down the front diff.

Run a regular 4x4 setup, and turn everything backwards.where the front of the motor faces the back of the car and the transmission still fits into the transmission tunnel with the original drive shaft going to the front of the vehicle instead of the rear. flip the differentials upside down and you are set.

Justin

errr i would be carefully flipping diff's upside down. Some do not like running backwards - the way the teeth are cut means that they only like to spin 1 direction else they grind.

thankyou for all your reponse's iam at the moment working out the diamention of the space frame to do a detailed drawing thenit on to design the body i think am going to do it in aluminum hand formed i need to loads of home work on this before i start

Turning a differential upside down does not make it run backwards as far as how the gears turn. Everything still turns the same way internally but the output is reversed. As long as the oiling is taken care of everything will be fine.