Thread: LP640 on a mr2 with LSx?

LP640 on a mr2 with LSx?

Hi!
    First of all im new here, never built a replica, but ive done alot of racecars etc earlier.
    Im just tired of seeing all europeans BMW, JDM stuff etc on the track and going for something else.

My plan is a pannel kit, LP640 from AD or murcie from extreme(UK is closest to me) with a tubocharged LSx and G50 tranny. I hoped to build it on a mr2 or something because i need a VIN number on the chassie to compete in different race classes. Offcourse a tube frame would be much more suited.

So ive done alot of research but still need to get some answeres wheres the lp640 from airdynamics (or extreme`s) will do on a MR2 chassie?
    the mr2 is only 1.6m wide and the murcielago is 2m wide how will that look at the doorjams etc?
    Stretching it for the lenght is no problem but making it wider? I really cant find any good info/pictures on the mr2 builds. As for the rear im also interested in seeing some pictures. Does people use the stock frame/chassie or do they chop it and make it a tube rear end? The LSx and G50 has to be mid mounted since i need 50/50 weight distribution.
    Ive seen some chopping the entire car but im questioning the stiffnes left in the chassie. As for me i need a FIA approved rollcage+++ so that wont be a issue.

My tech skills are better than my english :P

Thanks in advance

Re: LP640 on a mr2 with LSx?

Quote Originally Posted by rex

the mr2 is only 1.6m wide and the murcielago is 2m wide how will that look at the doorjams etc?
    Stretching it for the lenght is no problem but making it wider? I really cant find any good info/pictures on the mr2 builds.
    If were on the same base, then this should be the answear: The body makes up the missing length (as pictured below)

if your putting a chevy small block use the fiero because they have a kit that uses all the original equipment and fits just about right in.

THanks for shedding light on some of my issues =)

Having a LSx mounted the way the stock fiero engine is will give me poor weight distribution. I need to have the engine as far to the front axle as possible. I hope to see 50/50..

im searching and searching but i cant find the length from the front of a LSx to the axles on a G50 tranny... Does anyone know?
    Havnt ordered a kit yet since ive heard something about extreme making lp640.. If not im going for the AD lp640..

Sindre