Thread: anyone here do chassis cad

anyone here do chassis cad

lmk

Re: anyone here do chassis cad

Do you mean design chassis', or take the dimensions and make a cad model?

Big difference!

Mike

well i am a honda master mechanic and have been trying to find a build that would suit me then i saw the ariel atom 3 its a very simple and cheap build but is $65000. only the car in the world thats faster is the veyron. many people have built the car from scratch for $5000 to $8000 so i thought id try to build one and if its as cheap and easy as it seems can give the dimensions and so on for people to have a build they can actually afford to finish. so im looking for dimensions of either a ariel atom chassis or just another strong light weight chassis

Have a look at this its a Nemisis, and from the pictures look like it would be easy to copy the chassis.
    very like an Atom, page four has some good images of it being built, you may have to sign up to veiw, but lots of knowledge at GT40s.com.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum...r-nemesis.html
    http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum...nemesis-4.html

regards
    lambolex

Hey Green...
    Are you familiar witht he K1 Attack? you can find info on it from the forums. Not really popular anymore, the info is there. Reason why I mention it is becasue it was based on the f22 honda accords. A lot of the parts transferred right over. I bought one of the last kits available in the US. I was thinking about having the frame copied and perhaps offering the kit again. I had a sktetch artist redesign the body, now I just need someone to CAD it for me in Rhino and render it and get it cut. Here's a pic of the sketch.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Bobi1
    Quote Originally Posted by jrslyrics
    A lot of the parts transferred right over. I bought one of the last kits available in the US. I was thinking about having the frame copied and perhaps offering the kit again. I had a sktetch artist redesign the body, now I just need someone to CAD it for me in Rhino and render it and get it cut. Here's a pic of the sketch.
    Hey jrslyrics, looks like the redesign from the sketch is possible to be done manually (hand sculpting) directly on the actual fiberglass body as the necessary modifications still keep the original shape except the bumpers, side air intakes and some other small areas. However, if you still need these things (3D CAD + 3D rendering + CNC cut of the foam plug) done correctly after 45-60 days (when I will be free), I will be able to do that work for you. My time is full till that time.

Bobi
    Bobi,

I definately want it done right. lets talk when your free.