Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, I smell the fumes from my exhaust why

Help, I smell the fumes from my exhaust why

I have the 2007 Lamborghini Murci Roadster, when I drive it the fumes from the tail pipe or the exhaust comes in to the car and it makes me feel sick. What can I do to fix this? It happens when I drive with top on and with top off.

Thanks for any help. ??? :'( :'(

Re: Help, I smell the fumes from my exhaust why

search your firewall there are seals for every harness that goes thru ones had to of been taken out

You definitely have a leak somewhere in the car. I agree GMG with checking everything. This is actually a very dangerous situation as you can pass out from inhaling to much of the fumes. I am not sure what you can do about the fumes with the top down... I guess the first step is to figure out if the fumes are coming in from inside the engine compartment or from outside the car. One thing for sure is that you NEED to fix this!

yes i got soo sick yesterday i had to drive for 1 hour with the smell. I can feel warm air coming from the manual shifter.

What can I use to fill in the holes? Thanks guys...

How about one of these?

Sorry, I just had to do it..

Attached Images Attached Images    

that will help, but I may get pulled over....

Take it to a dealer of a trusted mechanic with a lift. This is not something you should fool around with, it can really cause you some long term harm if sit in it regularly.

Just for the sake of intrest, is the aircon/fan on or off when you smell it the most, or doesnt it make a difference. It is just with where the engine sits and the way the exhausts comes off the engine, there are very few places where the gasses can make it to the cabin while driving and more so with the top off. and if its leaking in by the shifter like you said, then there should be a noticeably big leak in the exhaust some where. Start it up from cold and put your hands momentarily over the exhaust tips, so as to block the gasses from escaping, if you hear a hissing noise its a leak in the exhaust and maybe with a friend looking for the leak you can find it easily. just don't try it with hot pipes.

There is just so little space to really see anything in the engine bay it might be better just to take it straight to a professional, if you where planning on fixing it yourself, then maybe try poking around, but any diy fixing on a car like this will bring down the value in the future.

good luck

a/c is off when i smell it, the inner exhaust has a little crack but has been welded. I can smell it alot I will try to seal the fire wall in the engine compartment. I would think if Im driving 60mph that the gases would not come into the cabin right? I wonder maybe i should install some rear fans to suck out the engine heat and fumes.

your car has rear fans :

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    your car has rear fans :
    Mo forgot to mention its a REPLICA 2007 Murcie roadster. I think what you are smelling is catalytic fumes, probably from a dying cat. Weren't you saying your car got poor mileage a few weeks back? If the engine is running rich, your cat is burning red-hot, and is working hard and overtime! It might be leaking, and since its almost right up against the firewall, it wouldnt take much for the fumes to migrate into the cabin.
    Without talent experience is worthless