Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lambo replica light/button control Murci

Lambo replica light/button control Murci

Has any one found a way to replicate the Murci light switches. I am not wanting to use the OEM Fiero switches.
    I want to replicate this http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...t-1280x960.jpg. But I do not know what buttons to purchase and how to wire them to work with the Fiero wiring. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Lambo replica light/button control Murci

Hey Kevin,
    I got your PM regarding this, but haven't had time to reply, so I will here. The switches are from NKK, and run $24 each. Wiring them into the Fiero is easy, I can post a schematic of how to do it. On the actual car, the headlamp and parking lights are controlled by the left lever on the steering column, so thats how I did mine. If you have the fiero column, the left (and only) lever controls the turn signals, high beams, cruise control, and wipers, but no provision for the headlamps.
    I could make the headlight control like the one in the pic, but like I say, the switches are expensive (5 req'd), and the area that they go in is not big enough for all 5 (Steve made it smaller than OEM). I could send you a new steering column lever that would fit the fiero mount, but I would have to fabricate it from the Sebring type, and it doesn't have a cruise control switch on it, so you would lose that function. They cost about $40, and would just plug right into the column, all you would have to do is attach 4 wires and be done.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Hey Mike how soon could I get the new lever from you? I can send payment ASAP. I am fine with out the cruise control. Let me know.

Some Volkswagen and Audi cars also got the genuine buttons.

greetz
    Bart

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0nut
    Hey Mike how soon could I get the new lever from you? I can send payment ASAP. I am fine with out the cruise control. Let me know.
    I think I can get one on Wednesday, and then it takes a couple hours to change it over. I will send the wiring connections you will need to do to attach to the Fiero harness. What type of switch do you have now, and where is it located?

I have the OEM Fiero headlight switch. It is located on the left side of the dash. I am using the the Fiero column also. All stock Fiero parts and stock lever. Do you have any ideas on what to use as for the column cover?

No, the column cover is a problem. I tried making one for mine when I was planning on keeping the Fiero column, and finally just said "f-it!". Thats when I went searching for a suitable column, and found the Sebring. Looks identical to the Murcie, and uses the front column mounts on the Fiero. All you need to do is fabricate the rear mounts, and change over the column output splines to the Fiero "lock pin" type.

Mike I think I would like to go the same route you did. I don't like the Fiero column and I don't like the Fiero OEM light switches. Could you make me a seabring column that I could plug into to my build? Or could you let me know what year Seabring I should get the column from. Thanks

Kevin, I'm going to the local junkyard this week, and I will look for a column for you. I could make it attach right up to all the Fiero mounts, that way, all you will have to do is remove the old column, and attach the new one. The wiring is easy, and I'll include a diagram showing the interface between the two. I will have to have a key made to fit the column, and the locksmith there charges $25 to do it. I'll PM you with the details.

Sounds good. Thanks