Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V12 anyone on here run on in there kit car?

V12 anyone on here run on in there kit car?

Ive been researching them for the past 4 weeks. Looking at various motors.

I was liking the idea of the V10 Triton, but theres nothing out there for them, just a whipple supercharger, and I cant find #s on them.

BMW M70 I see they can be had, but again not much out there for them

Then I saw a jag V12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oae5AwZIllI

sounds a lil diesel like (at idle atleast not when he opens it up). Im not to fond of that. Maybe its his exhaust, Im not sure.

Any other v12s that are easliy obtainable that they actually make rebuild kits, or even aftermarket cams for it.

This video proved that Megasquirt could work on a v12. When I was on the site it didnt say it could go up that high.

If I build a v12 it will most likely be boosted.

So................

Whos done it, or know much about it?

Re: V12 anyone on here run on in there kit car?

How far are you trying to go??? you can get 600hp from the BMW if you turbo it, probably about the same from the Jag, and you can get 1000 or so from the turbo'd Mercedes

You are right about the 12 in the link that you posted, it is the exhaust, give this one a listen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JI9g...eature=related

here is the BMW
    ultima12.ca go to videos and watch #4

The problem with a lot of the motors that you list is that they are heavy I think the jag is about 7-800#, the merc around 6-700#, with the bmw the lightest at about 500 (a few more than the SBC)

What are you planning to put this in???

whats the point of having a v12 or 600+ horsepower, you will never be able to put that down on the road. Anything above the 300 to 400hp range for a replica is excessive and unnecessary.

So, if you don't plan on buying AWD systems and spending a small fortune to make everything work right, i'd say stick with a v8. The number one excuse for owning a replica is that you dont want to pay to maintain it. If you have a v12, and all home rigged.. somewhat contradicts the reason to have a replica. Save your money and buy a real Lambo Gal or r8

Well the kit that I want is the Vendetta.

600hp is unnecessary yes, but fun. In the world of HP theres no such thing as excessive.

I wanted something exotic. As a child I wanted to make my own supercar, drew designs and thought about it all my life. So this will be my supercar.

I love V8s but this is worthy of more cylinders.

Unless I am mistaken, you cant get the Vendetta as a kit anymore only partial builds and turnkeys

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton
    Unless I am mistaken, you cant get the Vendetta as a kit anymore only partial builds and turnkeys
    Your right, thats actually what I ment. Partial Build. Which is perfect for me. I can do some things but not all. I would be very upset when my $500,000 body looks like a $2,000 honda that was in 5 wrecks if I did it.

I was looking at the Benz M120. Does anyone have any info on that? I realy cant find a whole lot.

I was wondering if the M120 can be bored out a 7.0. I see they did that to there race motors.

Why not go with a Viper engine,reasonably cheap and the stock harness/ecu should do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by LP640 Roadster
    Why not go with a Viper engine,reasonably cheap and the stock harness/ecu should do what you want.
    Cause that engine is HUGE and it weighs a ton 8-900#

something you may want to follow

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/100795.html

i run the M-70 V-12 in my lambo .
    it runs the stock BMW engine management system and never skips a beat !

if you got 10 min here is a driving video ;D

http://switta.com/Images%202/lambo%2...%2011-2-08.wmv

Dave