Thread: 355 Exhaust tip size, 2.5inch or 3 ?

355 Exhaust tip size, 2.5inch or 3 ?

Hi guys, would anyone know what size the exhaust tips should be ?

Measuring off photo's, they look just over 2.5 inch diameter - but all the local exhaust fabricators seem to only
    have twin tips in 3.0inch. However twin 3 inch seems to look too tight in the apperture ???

thanks

Re: 355 Exhaust tip size, 2.5inch or 3 ?

The F355 tips are 2 1/4" wide and from the far left to far right is 5". Good luck finding these. I gave up and bought a used F355 muffler and tips. Please let us know if you find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nick200
    Hi guys, would anyone know what size the exhaust tips should be ?

Measuring off photo's, they look just over 2.5 inch diameter - but all the local exhaust fabricators seem to only
    have twin tips in 3.0inch. However twin 3 inch seems to look too tight in the apperture ???

thanks
    Many have used the Dual C6 Corvette tips and welded them on to their single exhaust pipes. I have a new set I never used. If you have any interest PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I like the C6 tips, but for me, they did not look right on the car. The OEM tips are small and close together. I think of the people who used the Corvette side mirrors. Yes they look good, but they are not quite correct. The big plus for the C6 tips are that they are quality. There are a lot of cheep tips that rust or tarnish quickly. I would chose C6 tips over cheap tips that match 100%.

If nick200 does not want the tips, I am interested. The C6 tips look great on stock Fieros and I have been looking for a pair for awhile.

I know a guy that has a stock 355 muffler that he will sell. If you are interested, PM me your email address and I will get you in contact with him.

Take a look at Cone Engineering for exhaust tips. I have a set on my lambo and the quality is awesome

http://www.coneeng.com/

Mike

Hi, thank you for all the info - and i did not realise they were as small as 2 1/4, no wonder 3inch ones look too big !

I should update my profile, my error but i'm based in the UK - so thank you for the offer of parts , but i will see if i can source locally for the moment.

Just to share what i have found, do you have the company Zetex in the states ?

also how about using a y shaped stainless section then adding separate tips on after ( since these seem plentifull in size ) ?

I measured my tips to be 58mm then.