Thread: AD 355 rear bumper

AD 355 rear bumper

Does anyone happen to have measurements of where the rear bumper on an AD 355 needs to be compared to the Fiero one? It looks to me that it needs to be up and back a couple inches. Does anyone happen to have the measurements for that bracket?

Thanks.

Re: AD 355 rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by tobygaff
    Does anyone happen to have measurements of where the rear bumper on an AD 355 needs to be compared to the Fiero one? It looks to me that it needs to be up and back a couple inches. Does anyone happen to have the measurements for that bracket?

Thanks.
    Brastic got his info from Dave (Funnywheels) and he most likely still has that info for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sactodreamer

Brastic got his info from Dave (Funnywheels) and he most likely still has that info for ya.
    Thanks Ron.... now that you mention it, I think maybe it was in his build thread. I will search through it again.

In this picture, you can see the bar we welded to the rear bumper. Funnywheels really came though with this bracket. It holds the bumper flat and keeps it from sagging. I installed the bumper, and aligned the arch to the wheel, the rear clip and the rear lights. Once that is in place, we then measured for the bracket. Both Delorean00 and I had different size brackets. They must be built for how the fiberglass fits your car. The bracket is made up of two flat stock sides and a square tube across. I then put a piece of rubber on top of the tube.

Does this answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    In this picture, you can see the bar we welded to the rear bumper. Funnywheels really came though with this bracket. It holds the bumper flat and keeps it from sagging. I installed the bumper, and aligned the arch to the wheel, the rear clip and the rear lights. Once that is in place, we then measured for the bracket. Both Delorean00 and I had different size brackets. They must be built for how the fiberglass fits your car. The bracket is made up of two flat stock sides and a square tube across. I then put a piece of rubber on top of the tube.

Does this answer your question?
    Thanks man. That looks pretty much like what I am thinking. Can you estimate where it falls. Is it about 2 inches up and 2 or 3 inches back from the Fiero bumper? Also, how did you mount your quarters to get them to stay in place, do you happen to have any pictures of that?

here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

make a fibergass "L" then bolt it to the body with the proper spacing on the bumper.

Once you have the bumper in the right spot, you are not done. You will need to brace it or the rear bumper to flex out on the freeway. I have 4 lower brackets holding the bumper from flexing. One just behind the wheel that goes to the chassis. I used 1/2" conduit pipe to for this. Then I have two more brackets rear the exhaust openings.

That is correct!

Be sure to hammer the ends closed the center (the holes in the rear bumper) will keep it from flexing.

Dave