Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stretching questions: Transmission/wiring

Stretching questions: Transmission/wiring

Alright so I decided on my F355 I am just going to buy another fiero and swap everything out back to stock (my F355 is just pretty much a bucket with a steering wheel.

My first questions is:
    Do I have to stretch the tranmission? Or cables? How does that all come together? The car is stretched 4 inches.

Re: Stretching questions: Transmission/wiring

trans cables, cooling lines, brake lines,wire harness. west coast fieros sells the extended parts

Most 355's take a 3 inch stretch. You will find a cradle stretch easier than cutting the body and stretching that way. With a 3 inch cradle stretch there is enough "slack" in most flexible things like wiring harness, throttle cable etc. that you do not have to replace or lengthen. You may have to reroute a little but you can do it. You will have to lengthen the brake line that feeds the rear but that's a peice of cake.

Do the craddle stretch as it is much easier to do but does require you to drop the and trans. The only things you will need is some radiator hose and fuel line for the filler tube. I think everything else had enough slack to make the stretch. It should only be 3 inches not 4

Funnywheels has a write up on the cradle stretch somewhere

Just make sure you stretch the entire car, not just the cradle. The trunk will be too far forward otherwise. 'Do it right the first time' as my sig says.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariXXXman
    Just make sure you stretch the entire car, not just the cradle. The trunk will be too far forward otherwise. 'Do it right the first time' as my sig says.
    355 does not have a trunk there ;D

Of course the 355 trunk isnt there. Sure is practicsl, tho. I use it all thr time during weekend trips to the beach. Dont know if I could drive it for rhe weekend with all my stuff of the passenger seat, or on a passenger.

Hey guys sorry if I was not clear, but my car is stretched already. I have not seen it in person yet as I am still waiting on my truck to get out of the shop so I can pick it up, but it is stretched 3 inches. And I don't believe it has anything in it anymore, it was stripped out and then the panels were mounted.

My goal is to buy a good running v6 fiero with a manual tranny and swap everything out. The engine I would drop out of the fiero donor, move the fiero out of the way, and put the f355 on top of the engine and bolt it in.

And from there on I have no clue what else to do, no clue how to wire cooling lines, brake lines, ecu, or the most important, the Transmission with the clutch pedal and the gas pedals and all this other head ache material.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariXXXman
    Of course the 355 trunk isnt there. Sure is practicsl, tho. I use it all thr time during weekend trips to the beach. Dont know if I could drive it for rhe weekend with all my stuff of the passenger seat, or on a passenger.
    I was just having a good time, nothing serious. Building a car is about building the way you want to and having a good time doing it.