Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Resale value?

Resale value?

I read on here Murci kit cars usually resell for around $30,000 usd? Is this pretty steadfast price for a completed kit?

How much for a complete Diablo ?

Mclaren F1?

Ferrari F40 or F50?

Re: Resale value?

Quote Originally Posted by CFcreations
    I read on here Murci kit cars usually resell for around $30,000 usd? Is this pretty steadfast price for a completed kit?

How much for a complete Diablo ?

Mclaren F1?

Ferrari F40 or F50?

Diablo I have seen them go for low 20's but usually will be between 30 and 50k

Mclaren F1, no one makes it

F40 would be between 10-20k maybe more maybe less

F50 I have never seen a good lucking one except based on an NSX a few years ago for 50k

Kit car value's are very subjective. I have bought some on Ebay, got them and they were nothing like they described. Every kit is different. Kits made of the same mold with different builders can be very different in quality. If one is not too sure of its quality you should try an get the car below value so you have extra funds after the purchase too make it better so it does not go way over value however paying 20-30K and more for turnkey is allot and one should do their research before making the plunge. For the most part I have seen some amazing cars and they have held their value. In this industry the old saying "You get what you pay for" is very accurate.

I agree with DNA. Every kit is different and the quality varies since there are different builders. It's very hard to place a value on any model of replica since each particular car needs to be assessed individually. However, values can be generalized to get an idea, but don't take them literally.

There are a lot of POS cars out there......so beware! I agree again with DNA with the "You get what you pay for" saying!

Good luck!

When I was 16, my dad told me 'a car is not an investment.' He was right, though I'm still trying to prove him wrong. Few cars appreciate or even hold their value, and as kit cars age, the real deal gets more affordable. The car is worth what someone will pay for it, and nothing more. Buy the car because you enjoy it, and expect to take a loss when you sell it.

Although you'll lose MORE when you resell almost any new car.

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    When I was 16, my dad told me 'a car is not an investment.' He was right, though I'm still trying to prove him wrong. Few cars appreciate or even hold their value, and as kit cars age, the real deal gets more affordable. The car is worth what someone will pay for it, and nothing more. Buy the car because you enjoy it, and expect to take a loss when you sell it.
    9 times out of 10 your dad is right.

my replica will cost me 50,000 and wil sell for 80,000 minimum, i will not sell for less then that, they say its a free market and the buyer determins the price of a commodity, i dont think so, my replcia will not sell for less than 80,000, and believe me, it will sell. so that 1 time out of 10 hes wrong, but this is only in the replica world.

but he is right, car is not an investment, the cheaper your car the more money you actualy save. so indirectly it is an investment the longer you can drive the cheapst car you own. you save indirectly, NOT directly.

my 2 cents.

investment comes in many forms, the most common is, i put in money i make more money, thats a direct investment, however this is not the only form of investment if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by gegamgasparian
    Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    9 times out of 10 your dad is right.

my replica will cost me 50,000 and wil sell for 80,000 minimum, i will not sell for less then that, they say its a free market and the buyer determins the price of a commodity, i dont think so, my replcia will not sell for less than 80,000, and believe me, it will sell. so that 1 time out of 10 hes wrong, but this is only in the replica world.

but he is right, car is not an investment, the cheaper your car the more money you actualy save. so indirectly it is an investment the longer you can drive the cheapst car you own. you save indirectly, NOT directly.

my 2 cents.

investment comes in many forms, the most common is, i put in money i make more money, thats a direct investment, however this is not the only form of investment if you ask me.
    What replica are you building that will sell for 80,000?

Got my popcorn ready lets go

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    Got my popcorn ready lets go
    to soon, im not falling for it. =P

a lp640 roadster. your more than welcome to check out my thread.