Thread: F355 Taillight idea

F355 Taillight idea

Would Chevy HHR lights work? Or is there another cheap solution?

Re: F355 Taillight idea

Last i saw 355 taillights were cheap

When I first saw those lenses, I thought the same thing. The problem is that they are smaller, do not stick out far enough, and are not perfectly round. The Corvette lights would look better than these. For me the Corvette lights still do not look right. If you look, you can find OEM rear F355 lights around. I am extremely happy that I went with OEM lights on my car. The Covette lights do not stick out from the rear grill enough and look flat.

im sure this guy on ebay would do all 4 for $300 if you told him you wanted them all

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    im sure this guy on ebay would do all 4 for $300 if you told him you wanted them all
    I am going to call him tommorow and ask him, but I am not ready to buy them yet, but thanks for that I guess I will go with OEM

believe me you are not the only one who has thought of "the cheap way out" but in the end thats what separates a ok car and PERFECTION. It will always be a regret

I buy OEM parts when they find me. Waiting till last moment can cost you lots of money. It took me three years to find quarter windows at a decent price.

I purchased all the lights and logos from this guy. You might want to contact him to see if he is still selling parts. This was the first and only vendor that I dealt with that I placed the order one day, and the next day there was a box at my door.
    worldtrade@mac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    I buy OEM parts when they find me. Waiting till last moment can cost you lots of money. It took me three years to find quarter windows at a decent price.

I purchased all the lights and logos from this guy. You might want to contact him to see if he is still selling parts. This was the first and only vendor that I dealt with that I placed the order one day, and the next day there was a box at my door.
    worldtrade@mac.com
    I do the same thing. Even if I am nowhere ready to use the part, I buy it if the price is right. Eventually the parts will all fit together, and I will save a fortune in the process over just going out an buying them.

You may want to drop a not to TSH, he had 2 sets of taillights at one point. Not sure if he still has them or not.

I bought mine prematurely, when they were in high demand and paid $275/each from John Rudl at kitcaraccessories.com. There is a fine line between jumping the gun early, waiting for a good deal, or needing them too late and paying full dealer price. Hated to spend $1100, but I sure was a happy guy knowing I got the correct lights/lenses vs. something I hacked in there and made work. My .02, just from me!