Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parts and paint by Greenmeansgo

Parts and paint by Greenmeansgo

ok guys i just lucked out and found a guy who sold me all 4 corners of a c4 corvettes suspension and brakes for only $100. Well im gonna strip it down and paint it. my question is will a few coats of walmart spraypaint hold up or do i need to order summits suspension paint. i dont mind the extra cash i just hate the hassle. I welcome all answers wether experience or therory but if your answer is a guess please lmk so i can make a solid conclusion. I only like to do things right and once. Thanks GMG

Re: Parts and paint by Greenmeansgo

I think the best thing to use on the suspension is the high temperature paint available at auto parts stores (about $6 a can). There is no need to buy expensive auto paint on a part that lives under the car, and will never need to be buffed, waxed, or color sanded. The stuff sticks great, looks good, withstands the heat, and lasts forever. You will be limited as far as color choices go though.
    The WalMart paint will work also, but wont last as long.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    I think the best thing to use on the suspension is the high temperature paint available at auto parts stores (about $6 a can). There is no need to buy expensive auto paint on a part that lives under the car, and will never need to be buffed, waxed, or color sanded. The stuff sticks great, looks good, withstands the heat, and lasts forever. You will be limited as far as color choices go though.
    i figured that, my grill paint from walmart is heavy duty in terms of heat, i just wonder if it will hold up to all the rock chips, and moisture ??? I want to keep it looking good and rust free. Ive painted alot of things but never The knuckles which is the only parts i think will take abuse.

Ill try home depot and see what they have

NO paint is going to stand up to a pebble hitting it at 65MPH! If you like the results you've gotten so far with it, I say go for it!
    Without talent experience is worthless

I have c5 both rear spindles arms and hubs. U want I paid 600$

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    NO paint is going to stand up to a pebble hitting it at 65MPH! If you like the results you've gotten so far with it, I say go for it!
    :'( Now i just need to find a good aluminum paint. only strong ones are black

Quote Originally Posted by gegamgasparian
    Im building a chassis works chassis and dont need rear suspension anyhow Ill be using C6 brakes i just want to wait until my chassis is 100% complete before upgrading. Thanks

Just single stage it with some block paint and bake the parts for an hour or so. Thats what i use on my engine blocks and if can withstand the engine heat and abuse im sure your suspension will be fine. Also buffs to a nice sheen and works with a tint selection. Basically whatever tint you add is what you spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    Quote Originally Posted by gegamgasparian
    Ill be using C6 i just want to wait until my chassis is 100% complete before upgrading. Thanks
    u can't use c6 rotors on a c4 suspension. U have to use c5

I have c5 suspensions with full c6 z06 brake system. And if u use z06 breaks Wichita btw are bugger and better lookg than regular c6 the front oem wheels won't fit. U'll need Spacers.