Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: center seat car like mclaren how to

center seat car like mclaren how to

hi, is it hard to make a boxster a center driver seat, and 2 small side seats like a mclaren, what will it take? any info will help, just looking at my options

Re: center seat car like mclaren how to

move rack, steering column, pedals, master cylinder, modify dash, and gauge cluster, then seats and interior, just about the whole car

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    move rack, steering column, pedals, master cylinder, modify dash, and gauge cluster, then seats and interior, just about the whole car
    Seems easy But if you were to actually do it, it would be pretty damn cool

MY main consearn is do i have to modifi the steering control arms, the pedals should be no problem, and dash, but like where can i get a rods for steering since once you put it on the center youll have to extend the linkage or something like that, as far as the pasanger seats you think the leather pads will work? without building a actual seat, just wrap the fiberflass panel in cushion foam and vinyl, i guess,

dont touch the steering arms, the linkage id talk to a machine shop, also might want to check and see if your throttle cable will be long enough, clutch cable if not electronic, and seats you can pick up thin ones on ebay and craigslist

You could use a setup like they do in Australia, they have a chain drive unit and cut the column in half to relocate it. You could probably come up with something that will do the same thing, you could also make the steering ratio a little tighter while your at it.

exactly like jake_dragon said... ive biult alot of usps conversions.... and thats what we use to use.... now we order a gearbox that does it for you... its pretty much the same thing just enclosed and custom ordered..... if you can fabricate it will be very easy.... i did my dune buggy center drive.... yeah there is a whole lot less there to work with but same concept.... but with the buggy i cut the steering shaft extended it and added another yoke and u joint.... your only moving over maybe a foot so the difference in angle isnt much the yokes can handle it....... hope it helps

you could do all that or you could just by a center rack and pininon unit from unisteer... http://www.unisteer.com/mm5/merchant...ode=CUSTOMRACK

I want to know how you are going to make it wide enough to take thee seats??

stretch it wider ;D