Thread: Body mounting question

Body mounting question

Hello all: I was wondering what other builders are using to sandwich between the body panels and the steel frames / brackets exc. I used exteriour flexible silicone, Will this hold up to the elements, heat, exc ?, I am afraid of the fiberglass / metal scraping sound down the road. Anyways I was just wondering what other builders have used, Opinion's, exc.

Thanks
    Trevor,

Re: Body mounting question

Urethane windshield adhesive, available at any automotive glass shop. Comes in a tube that fits a caulking gun, although some brands require a special applicator gun.

kitcarnut

#1 choice ,but use that prep primer first, it grips the metal good.#2 liquid nail in tube only at Home depot,it takes about 2-3 days to dry.

Thanks for the reply's I guess I will need to do some shopping. I need to put some more body supports / brackets under the body and would like to try some other products.

Thanks
    Trevor,

Lamboman,
    There's also another thread on this topic that has more input. Try doing a search on the same subject.

Kitcarnut/Liquid Nails:
    Is there a reason why you specify the type that comes in a tube? I know it is a different formula than than the one in the can but I'm not sure on the differences. I know of a guy who used it to seal his speaker boxes for his subs and when he turned them on, the\ box exploded. Liquid Nails is pretty flammable and has some nasty fumes.

kitcarnut

I used the liquid nail to bond roofcage (5 round bars ) and side B pillars support cage .let me tell you ,you need air chisel to break it off.later years I could not find it anymore in tube so I bought the other liquid nail in can, not the same .like I said let it dry for while.