Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEDs on the bottom of a Honda?

LEDs on the bottom of a Honda?

I have a 1999 Honda Accord, and I want to make it just a little better than the piece of crap that it is right now. I was wondering if it is possible to get some LEDs or some kind of colored lights on the bottom of the car so that when the engine is going it will make the bottom of it and the road glow blue. I don't know if this is even possible with this crap car so I'm asking here. If it is possible could me local mechanic possibly be able to do it? If anyone knows where to get some of the right materials for this feel free to share. I know it isn't the best car to do this with but it would make me stand out, and that is what I like! ;D Help if you can, and thx for viewing.

Re: LEDs on the bottom of a Honda?

Would something like this work possibly?  and would it be easy to install?

Link is http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com...erbodykit.html

Thx again for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by chewy89
    ya, but I would prefer the one in the link that I posted, it has a remote and multi colored. how would I go about installing something like this if I even can?

all it is, is 4 neon lights, you tie each into the other in a series, then run the wire to a on/off switch then to a fuse and then to a power "non constant" which means if the power isnt on it cant be on. that will avoid leavin them on and killing the battery, lastly this is illegal in the usa to have maybe where you are too, so do not use on the road, only parking lots

Please dont do this.

It may even be illegal due to red and blue being restricted for law enforcement/emergency vehicles.

A cop can technically pull you over and give you a summons for unauthorized lighting. Check with your local laws and or police station in regards.

oh man I remember installing tons of lights when I had my Import tuning shop right at the high of the fast & furious era. it'll take you about an hour to install, use self taping screws or zip ties which should come with the product anyways.

i would do something to that engine in place of putting glow in the dark trinket

You did say you wanted to make your car a little better? I don't understand how lights on the underside are going to accomplish this. : You do know that people laugh at those trinkets and the kids that drive those ricey cars right? Seriously, possibly a bit of bodywork, paint, a tune up or if needed, new tires and brakes would be money better spent. My 2cs.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Quote Originally Posted by Daleford
    You did say you wanted to make your car a little better? I don't understand how lights on the underside are going to accomplish this. : You do know that people laugh at those trinkets and the kids that drive those ricey cars right? Seriously, possibly a bit of bodywork, paint, a tune up or if needed, new tires and brakes would be money better spent. My 2cs.
    i use to work for an import shop, once these guys get there mind set theres no changing it. so i have quit try to talk them outta stuff