Thread: Murcie Me + other Knowlegdeable people, Can Murc Interiors be put in MR2-Lambos?

Murcie Me + other Knowlegdeable people, Can Murc Interiors be put in MR2-Lambos?

I tried to look this up in the Technical Discussion forum, but had trouble going through the 138+ threads. Time is almost approaching for my initial investment on my replica. My question is: Can the fiero interior options you all have be made to fit into an MR2 based kit? Is there significantly less room in the mr2? Very curious. Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, its finally good to be officially here. I have been following this site since 2006. I have followed many of your builds, even though picture access was limited to non members. I remember CdrSkull's DNA 360. I would check back every few days to see if he posted

A painless and speedy recovery to you, FunnyWheels. Thank you for all you've done.

Please help with my question. Thank you.

Re: Murcie Me + other Knowlegdeable people, Can Murc Interiors be put in MR2-Lam

Anything can be made to fit with work. Things are not going to fit right in except the door cards, but trimming/adding and some work will make things fit.

Re: Murcie Me + other Knowlegdeable people, Can Murc Interiors be put in MR2-Lambos?

Alot less room in the MR2, especially in the interior cabin length. Anything can be re-worked to fit, it just depends on how much time you are willing to invest. The MR2 is also narrower than the Fiero inside, so you'll have your work cut out for you there. What kit are you building? That is very important for a more precise answer.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Re: Murcie Me + other Knowlegdeable people, Can Murc Interiors be put in MR2-Lambos?

I was leaning toward the Extreme Murci, but lately I have been heavily considering the LP640 from Car Kit Inc. I have a guy who will sell me an 87 Fiero for 1200 and someone in Tampa who will give me a 91 MR2 for 3500 (needs work). I am moving to Brooksville, FL next week. I am a quick learner, so either kit I could probably go for. My dilemma is which car. That is my initial (first) investment in this. I was going to take a trip to Albertville (9 hours from me here in Amelia Island) to at least see the G28 up close. I would do the same for Extreme except I would spend a chunk of my replica money going to england

Thank you for your responses. Faker and Murcie Me.

Re: Murcie Me + other Knowlegdeable people, Can Murc Interiors be put in MR2-Lam

I cant speak for any others but I have been to Extreme (to see the 430) and had a good look at Damians Murci in white.

That machine is awesome and has made me start to reconsider my choice, even if you re-trimmed the stock MR2 interior (either leather or alcantara) no one would know unless they had an original.

I would highly recommend the Extreme Murci !!!

I highly recommend that you DON't go with the MR2.... It will look like a KIT CAR and will never resemble an LP640 on the inside... Never I say... ;D

Stick with the FIERO, If you had a Replica built with a Fiero donor (like Murci-Me's) and put it beside a MR2 build ... I would bet MONEY that most people whether they knew what they were looking at or not would pick the build on the FIREO over the MR2 hands down.

Just my 3 cents worth :P.

MURCenary 8)

Quote Originally Posted by krispoppleton
    I cant speak for any others but I have been to Extreme (to see the 430) and had a good look at Damians Murci in white.

That machine is awesome and has made me start to reconsider my choice, even if you re-trimmed the stock MR2 interior (either leather or alcantara) no one would know unless they had an original.

I would highly recommend the Extreme Murci !!!
    Well actually, people who had the original would know (not many), and all the thousands of people who drive or have owned MR2's! Could you imagine pulling up to a stop light with your Murcie, and an MR2 pulls up along side you! The poeple in the car would say "hey look! That Lamborghini has the same interior as your Toyota"! LOL That would be priceless!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartGuy2012
    I was leaning toward the Extreme Murci, but lately I have been heavily considering the LP640 from Car Kit Inc. I have a guy who will sell me an 87 Fiero for 1200 and someone in Tampa who will give me a 91 MR2 for 3500 (needs work). I am moving to Brooksville, FL next week. I am a quick learner, so either kit I could probably go for. My dilemma is which car. That is my initial (first) investment in this. I was going to take a trip to Albertville (9 hours from me here in Amelia Island) to at least see the G28 up close. I would do the same for Extreme except I would spend a chunk of my replica money going to england

Thank you for your responses. Faker and Murcie Me.
    Yes, and you'll also spend a chunk of money shipping that kit here, and paying import taxes/duties! Then its going to require a ton of work just to mount the body to the donor. Don't get me wrong, the Extreme Murcie is a beautiful car, I wish I could get one. But the expenses between the kit, shipping, duties, etc, is to much for me right now.
    Without talent experience is worthless