Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lambo engine cover

Lambo engine cover

I have a lambo countach with a Fiero 6cyl eng. Has anyone here used the replica cover to make it look like the 12 cylinder? If so can you tell me where to find the best cover and any thoughts on installing it.I know of one company in Alabama that makes a fiberglass cover but I heard he was not legitimate and might just take your money and not ship the part. I called him and he said no returns if it did not work. I would think any up and up business would allow a return if it came back in the same condition.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Lambo engine cover

you have no room for fake engine, your deck lid low and the engine is not longitude.

Remember, this is the KitCar world...... Most builders will not allow returns on items due to people splashing the parts. ALOT of people buy a part, pull a mould from it, and then try to return the part to get their money back. I dont allow returns on moulded parts for that reason alone. Other parts, yes.
    On a Fiero engine, you need about 3" clear space between the top of the engine (the red intake plenum with Fiero written on it) and the bottom of the engine hatch. If you have that, or even 2-1/2", you should have enough room for an engine cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by holycow
    I have a lambo countach with a Fiero 6cyl eng. Has anyone here used the replica cover to make it look like the 12 cylinder? If so can you tell me where to find the best cover and any thoughts on installing it.I know of one company in Alabama that makes a fiberglass cover but I heard he was not legitimate and might just take your money and not ship the part. I called him and he said no returns if it did not work. I would think any up and up business would allow a return if it came back in the same condition.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Are you wanting a diablo style cover or lp640?

he's got a Countach on Fiero, none will work ,unless you chop here and there, but then it still looks like crap. I've seen one , the guy was driving with is lid not latched and the engine bay looked like some kids put BMW emblems on Hondas.

Why wont an engine cover work on a Countach? This was the only pic I could find off-hand, but it looks like the engine hatch isn't any lower than the lowest louver on my Murcie. I dont think he'll have a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Without talent experience is worthless

I'll tell you why, few years ago I had a 25th ( 350/Fiero) and also few of our ORCC members. one actualy was tube chassis 5000S, so when those Diablo cover come up we tried to place on top and it did not looked good and fit . one had with Cad carb engine and he had to cut up. also those two air intake hoses where in the way, it looked pretty shaby . now maybe it need it more fab n thinker round . we all thought if it would be n longitude it would be all right.
    tomorow I'm going see a friend who has a Naerc Diablo(absolutely stunning car) on Fiero w GTP power train
    guess what it does not fit so left it out. I'll take some pics if he alows me. and e mail you.

Ciao

here's a picture of mine 25th I sold. even the air clear was tight and had to shave bit in side of the lid.
    OK, I know carbs do add couple inches but even with out it would not cover the whole engine since it's not longitude

http://testblogs.sytes.net/gallery/2/Picture%20101.jpg

I have the engine cover and all parts for the engine cover if murcie me says it will work then it will ill sell you all my parts do not by from Jackie in Alabama

here's a Fiero based NAERC Diablo roadster as you can see, too high for engine cover and the engine is wider then cover its self. as I showed you Countach has lower lids on Fiero based.

http://testblogs.sytes.net/gallery/2...2099%20002.jpg

http://testblogs.sytes.net/gallery/2...2099%20004.jpg

http://testblogs.sytes.net/gallery/2...2099%20003.jpg