Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddle shifters

Paddle shifters

okay I'm in search of paddle shifter technology for manual engines, having searched for a while I came across a few. but was wondering about the Porsche G50-20 engine what does that come out of??

Re: Paddle shifters

sent you a pm

There are a lot of paddle shifters out there but most are for automatics. Mastershift does offer them for manual transmissions and specifically lists the G50-20. I have never done a manual paddle shift but I have used Master shift on a 4L60E automatic in a street rod. And it worked flawlessly, excellent product. Not cheap but...

Here is a link to there manual transmission section:

http://mastershift.com/new-street-manual.html

Regards,
    Bart

how much did you pay for the kit? they dont list a price

It was a few months ago, I want to say the automatic set up was $2000 but the manual is more I think. Seems like someone like JEGS or Summit was adding Master Shift to there line-up of products. Not sure, I bought mine through my transmission guy.

Quote Originally Posted by prototype2
    i talked to them before and it was $1500 however price does go up with options like the gear indicator

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    Quote Originally Posted by prototype2
    i talked to them before and it was $1500 however price does go up with options like the gear indicator
    ?? I just posted it was $2k, I did not talk to them, I bought and installed one.

Anyway, I looked it up where I charged the customer and the controller, paddles and associated parts were $2600 rounded off for Automatic 4L60E. I did find pricing on their website. Remember you have to get all the parts to make it work, so controller (manual is $2400), then paddles, then the part that fits the G50-20. With the auto I had to buy a harness for that trans. Not an issue with G50-20 but cables may be?
    Here is the link to thier pricing: http://mastershift.com/newstore.html

hmm didnt see your post, lol. i either have bad memory or they raised there price
    i called them about 4 months ago and they said if they dont sell a kit for it, theyll make one. Seemed like a good option. Bartman how does the kit look in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    hmm didnt see your post, lol. i either have bad memory or they raised there price
    i called them about 4 months ago and they said if they dont sell a kit for it, theyll make one. Seemed like a good option. Bartman how does the kit look in person?
    It worked well and was well made, the paddle shifters were billet. The only issue I had was they sent me the wrong harness the first time but resolved it with no hassles. I did not deal with them direct, I bought the set-up through the guy that does my automatic transmissions. I do a lot of things, from chassis and engines, to paint and body. I don't do transmissions. Well I can do a manual and have but Auto's are off limits. My transguy built the 4L60E and I told him my customer was interested in paddle shifters. he suggested Mastershift, I put the trans back in, hooked it up and with a little set up, it worked right out of the box.

I looked over the site and I really dont see the point of this on a non sequential trans. You still have to push the clutch pedal in......