Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIERO REPLICA 2" WIDE TRACK

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

FIERO REPLICA 2" WIDE TRACK

4" total wider front end

How thick should this upper ball joint plate be , i think the ball joint angle or degree can be changed on this upper plate set-up ,
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: FIERO REPLICA 2" WIDE TRACK

Are you selling kits?

3/16" maximum. Since its the upper control arm, it carries no weight of the car. I set my plate at 16 degrees (angle).
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    3/16" maximum. Since its the upper control arm, it carries no weight of the car. I set my plate at 16 degrees (angle).
    http://diablo.kitcarmagazine.com/Cur...suspension.asp

THANKS for that info ,my next thing is how would these air rides shocks work compaired to a gas filled shock with a coil spring over it

http://team321.com/tubechassis/tubechassisbuild.html
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jets303
    Are you selling kits?
    trying to put a Wide Track front end package together for my builds an if anyone need a set up the info will be here

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    http://diablo.kitcarmagazine.com/Cur...suspension.asp

THANKS for that info ,my next thing is how would these air rides shocks work compaired to a gas filled shock with a coil spring over it
    the air ride has qa1 hoops on it, so they would mount the same way as in my pics on my chassis. if you want the mounting hoops unscrew and you could replace them with a custom made head with fiero mounting.
    lmk if you dont understand and ill take pics

If you are making your own control arms you may want check the fit with the wheels you are planning on using. I have a D&R Roadster using the 2" wide track, custom front spindles and Murc wheels. The control arms should have actually been about 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 oversize to fit properly with the body. Just thought I would mention it

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by msaby
    If you are making your own control arms you may want check the fit with the wheels you are planning on using. I have a D&R Roadster using the 2" wide track, custom front spindles and Murc wheels. The control arms should have actually been about 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 oversize to fit properly with the body. Just thought I would mention it

Mike
    THANKS i am not doing the welding , just having them made to control timing ,they will be made by someone who know what they are doing , i want it universal for other replica,s

the parts come from 3 sources ,i am going to have one of the sources make them all , so we all save money , this will be univesal for Diablo , Murcie & ReVenton replica builders , Stage 1. the powder coated metal package ,Stage 2.the coil shock package & pair of Air shocks

TALKED to several companies today about making this set up for a Air Lift System [ ALS ] an after they were clear on what we needed they are going to make a package minus compressor for us on a air lift mini platform like above with wiring an plumming an it will have enough valves for a front system an a rear system ( i will not be using the rear but the option is their all you would need would be the air struts or shocks or bags on the rear to make it fuction )

The ALS SYSTEM is going to cost $500.00 i asked for trouble free components , the sysem will be mounted on this mini platform 3-gal aluminum tank