Thread: Performance Upgrade Opinions - Honda

Performance Upgrade Opinions - Honda

I have aquired a 1994 Honda Civic (European) and had a few questions. Main questions, what would I need to make it US spec so I can ship it home. and where can I get these parts? Next question is, What are some good performance parts for the car for street racing? Any opnions would be great. thank you.

Re: Performance Upgrade Opinions - Honda

no point in shipping a 1994 Honda Civic overseas. You will pay for shipping almost as much as the car is worth. There is also no point in tuning a 94civic. civic+shipping+performance parts+Making it us spec=the price of a decent street car. For the money you spend on the civic, just pick up a Subaru or something better already in your area.

p.s. this isn't a civic tuning forum

shipping is free for me. im military. so the gov ships it free of charge.

Sell it, and buy and MR2, 4rd Gen Celica, or Fiero so that you can build a Kit car.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper
    I have aquired a 1994 Honda Civic (European) and had a few questions. Main questions, what would I need to make it US spec so I can ship it home. and where can I get these parts? Next question is, What are some good performance parts for the car for street racing? Any opnions would be great. thank you.
    First thing you do when they unload it off the ship is drive it down past the 3rd boarding ramp and make a left turn, stop and get out, put a brick on the gas pedal, put it in gear, and send it into the ocean.. Then take the $1500 you would spend to make it US legal and use $500 of it to buy a 1994 Honda here.. ;D

even if shipping is free registration is still killer, but either way id drop in a gsr motor engine code b18c1
    its a very easy swap, then i would boost 10 lbs. on it with arp head studs, rc injectors, and hondata s300, youll have low 12's to 11's in the quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    even if shipping is free registration is still killer, but either way id drop in a gsr motor engine code b18c1
    its a very easy swap, then i would boost 10 lbs. on it with arp head studs, rc injectors, and hondata s300, youll have low 12's to 11's in the quarter
    Yea, but after doing all that... He could have had a Kit Car

you could do all that for $3k just dont buy name brand when you dont need it.

Always buy rc injectors and arp head studs and hondata, but a $100 ebay turbo boosts just as good as a 35r turbo it just dont last as long, but for $100 who cares lol

i jusy bought a 93 si hatch back for $250 the deals are out there...just gotta look around, found it on kijiji

Wait till you bring it here to then start work on it. Thats what A lot of the boys over in Fort carson do when they are stationed here.