Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse windshield for 355 build?

Eclipse windshield for 355 build?

Didn't I read here that someone used an Eclipse windshield for their 355 build?
    I only ask because I came across an Eagle Talon in the junk yard the other day (while looking for Sebring columns) and saw that the column looked exactly the same as the Sebring, then I looked at the windshield and thought about using that too!
    I did a little research and the Eclipse, Laser, and Talon were all the same car (with minor cosmetic exceptions) produced by DSM a joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi.

Does anyone know if the Eclipse/Talon/Laser windshield will fit?

Re: Eclipse windshield for 355 build?

if you need an extended windshield, I got em

Quote Originally Posted by jntramey
    Didn't I read here that someone used an Eclipse windshield for their 355 build?
    I only ask because I came across an Eagle Talon in the junk yard the other day (while looking for Sebring columns) and saw that the column looked exactly the same as the Sebring, then I looked at the windshield and thought about using that too!
    I did a little research and the Eclipse, Laser, and Talon were all the same car (with minor cosmetic exceptions) produced by DSM a joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi.

Does anyone know if the Eclipse/Talon/Laser windshield will fit?
    Junkyard windshields are a little bit of a risky issue. At my local junk yard, they make you remove the windshield yourself, and if you crack it, you still have to pay for it. Kind of a load of crap. I have never successfully gotten one out without cracking it. I have gotten close... but not quite.

I can't rember who used the Eclipse windshield in their build diary.. I rember seeing it recently and looked all over for the build, but can't find it..

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000053-18.html

HERE IS ONE OF THE LINKS MID WAYS THE PAGE

WHO WAS PUTTING THIS IN A F40
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Sweet I see my own pics being used, lol. I took the entire windshield frame and cut it apart, welded the bottom edge of the frame in place in the Fiero. Never got it finished, but was planning on welding in the sides and the top to finish it off. One could always take the frame like what is in the above picture, make a mold and duplicate it in Fiberglass then bond it into the car like that. Would just have to make sure it is about 1/4 inch thick around lips to be strong enough.

how much is the center of the windscreen moved forward compared to the fiero windscreen & what year
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

'95-'99 eclipse, doesn't move forward on the top much just kinda arches different, has about 3/4 inch gap in center on top, bottom moves forward 3-4 inches.

I'm glad someone spoke up about this!!!
    Do you need the A pillars off the Eclipse as well?
    I took some crude measurements and thought it was basically the same width and angle as the Fiero.
    I knew I would need to take the "pan" for the bottom of the windshield, but I don't know if I want to take the whole A pillars, etc. just to do this swap.
    I was looking at this option because I do not have the extended windshield hood, and the car is a non-stretch version of 355. I thought maybe the slight curve to the windshield would be just enough to lend a little more authenticity to the look of the the non-stretched car, and having the Fiero style hood, I wouldn't have to chop and fill so much of the hood to accommodate the new windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by HTXtremes
    '95-'99 eclipse, doesn't move forward on the top much just kinda arches different, has about 3/4 inch gap in center on top, bottom moves forward 3-4 inches.
    thanks for the update now members will know how to set up their hoods / bonnets for this windscreen