Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fiero fuel pump help

fiero fuel pump help

How hard is it to replace a fuel pump on a 1987 fiero?

thanks

Re: fiero fuel pump help

bueno tienes que levantar el vehiculo en Cuatro Torres y espero que tengas el tanque un poco vacio por que pesa un poco y con gasolina esta en el Sentro de abajo del Fiero, Suerta Todas las mangas Que tenga el conector de la bomba y boya y, despues ADEL estornilladory vuelta con un martillo hacia las Manecillas del relog A que la anilla Sujeta la bommba y lo demas es quitar y poner del mismo modo
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Shadow
    How hard is it to replace a fuel pump on a 1987 fiero?

thanks

drop the fuel tank, you can do it in couple hrs in your garage. empty tank first, it's a pain in the tuchass to put it back .

Andy, I can help you. Just bring it by!

Quote Originally Posted by InlandExotics
    Andy, I can help you. Just bring it by!
    ok cool, i sent u a pm joe.

thanks
    -Andy

It's a simple job. The Tank has two straps on the underside, each held in with one bolt. support the tank with a jack, remove those bolts, and undo all 5 fuel hoses, and it's out. There's a ring on the cover of the fuel pump that needs to be turned counterclockwise, then the pump lifts out of the tank. Swap the old parts with the new ones, and put it all back together. Shouldn't take more than a few hours. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    It's a simple job. The Tank has two straps on the underside, each held in with one bolt. support the tank with a jack, remove those bolts, and undo all 5 fuel hoses, and it's out. There's a ring on the cover of the fuel pump that needs to be turned counterclockwise, then the pump lifts out of the tank. Swap the old parts with the new ones, and put it all back together. Shouldn't take more than a few hours. Good luck!
    there is also a chassis plate that ties either side of the tank together sorta shaped like a dog bone
    it come off quite easily with 4 bolts
    87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6<br />[b]Murphy&#039;s Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value<br />[b]Murphy&#039;s Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure. [b]Arthur C. Clarke &quot;Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from ma

While you are at it plan on replacing at least one of the fuel lines as they are probably dry rotted buy now and will break when trying to take them off. I have taken down tanks that were half full but it is a Pain.

Since you are going though the trouble you might want to think about getting a bigger pump and an adjustable regulator now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
    While you are at it plan on replacing at least one of the fuel lines as they are probably dry rotted buy now and will break when trying to take them off. I have taken down tanks that were half full but it is a Pain.
    I can second that. Not a tough job at all if its empty.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.