Thread: What Should I Chooooose ?

What Should I Chooooose ?

Hey guys.
    I'm from Australia and I'm looking at buying a Ferrari Kit for my car.

I'm either going to go, the Dave Jones kit F430 ( GTF )
    or the DNA kit ( 3Sixty )

I'm just not suree what I want.
    Its such a hard decision.

What do you think is best for ?
    Money, looks, build etc.

Advice is appreciated guys (:

Cheers

Re: What Should I Chooooose ?

I do not know much about the Dave Jones kit. I have seen a DNA 360 once, very nice car. I think it really comes down to which car do you like the best, 360 or 430? Even if the kit for one may be a better deal than the other that wont matter if you know at the end you'll be regretting making your favorite.

My .02 worth.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

You need to see them in person. In forums like this you are going to get a lot of opinions, but the only one that matters is yours.

Here's my take:

The obvious difference in the two is, DNA is convertible, DJ is coupe. So that's a start to what you prefer. Also the Donors are different models. The DNA is more current (also more expensive). However in my opinion the DJ donor (SW20 MR2) is a better donor for modding, power, etc. The MR2 turbo is a good donor also there are many successful V6 conversions.

Also the F430 compared to 360 is a newer "Ferrari" model and I would imagine will be able to resale or at least hold value better than a 360 replica since a real F430 is alot more expensive than a real 360.

I know your in Australia and both manufacturers are based in the UK so unfortunately for you it would be costly for you to see demos as you probably would need to take a trip over. But saying that there are alot of pics and vids available.

Also as far as I'm aware they are both very well thought out/manufactured kits making them relatively easy to build.

Hope this helps,

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by callumogrady
    Hey guys.
    I'm from Australia and I'm looking at buying a Ferrari Kit for my car.

I'm either going to go, the Dave Jones kit F430 ( GTF )
    or the DNA kit ( 3Sixty )

I'm just not suree what I want.
    Its such a hard decision.

What do you think is best for ?
    Money, looks, build etc.

Cheers

If I were you, I would find out as much as I could about SHIPPING costs from the the UK to Australia....It could cost a pretty penny (ie very expensive) to ship an entire kit across the world. Then find out as much as you can about the availability and costs of the donors cars in your country and go from there

Good luck

Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

I would lean to the 430 since it is a newer style car. The older mr2s also have more power and can be had for much less cash. my 2 cents