Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murci-Me Supercharger - Oh my G-D!

Murci-Me Supercharger - Oh my G-D!

Guys, you would not believe the supercharger Murci-Me had on his car when I saw him this weekend. It is sooooo sweeet. His car is so fast now. I also asked him about the sound, it sounds so close to the original and he said that he did something to it to make it have that special sound. He's made so many new modifications to his car, I couldn't believe it. NOW I wanna do it to my car too. I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken some pictures. I'm gonna try to see him at my shop next week. He is helping me with my car, and I'll try to take some pictures and post them. Later.

Mike

Re: Murci-Me Supercharger - Oh my G-D!

Was it aftermarket, or a pontiac retrofit?

Ya he had mentioned something in his thread when it was still around. I want to run a supercharger. Is he running bigger injectors or bigger fuel pump? How many lbs of boost? Details details!

If he kept the 2.8 motor in the car, there are only 2 choices he could have used. Both are made by Vortech, and the models that would work with that engine are both adjustable to 12lbs. Since the 2.8 is a high compression engine, the max boost he could run would be about 7 to 8lbs. The 3800 is a low compression engine, so it can run up to 12lbs boost, but the sound difference between the two engines when supercharged is incredible. The 3800 will have a more throaty exhaust note, while the 2.8 will have a more whine to the exhaust note, much closer to the actual Lambo sound. It would only be audible from about 1300 rpm's and up though. At an idle, there wouldn't be much difference. I'm betting he kept the 2.8. That would be the smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Monaco
    If he kept the 2.8 motor in the car, there are only 2 choices he could have used. Both are made by Vortech, and the models that would work with that engine are both adjustable to 12lbs. Since the 2.8 is a high compression engine, the max boost he could run would be about 7 to 8lbs. The 3800 is a low compression engine, so it can run up to 12lbs boost, but the sound difference between the two engines when supercharged is incredible. The 3800 will have a more throaty exhaust note, while the 2.8 will have a more whine to the exhaust note, much closer to the actual Lambo sound. It would only be audible from about 1300 rpm's and up though. At an idle, there wouldn't be much difference. I'm betting he kept the 2.8. That would be the smart move.
    What vortech models?

I wanna run it!. Murci-Me I'm calling you out! ;D

Very curious too. Mike, did you swap motors? IC upgrade? Pulleys? water/meth injection?
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    When you girls settle this you can come play with me.. I will show you how a real "Mans" car lays the smack down.. 8)

;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    When you girls settle this you can come play with me.. I will show you how a real "Mans" car lays the smack down.. 8)

;D ;D ;D

Haha I don't think you'll get any takers on that offer

Tom

The V-1 A-Trim, and the Z-Spec V-9, Both by Vortech. Both use water injection, bolt right up to the Fiero V-6 with no mods. You would have to change the chip in the computer (no big deal, about $125), and tap into the oil supply from the engine.
    I'm betting he went with the V-9. Its smaller, and can produce 20lbs of boost, depending on the pully diameter. Fuel pump wouldn't have to change. Injectors stay the same.
    Bocelli, find out from mercy-me which supercharger he has, and what brand. I would be interested to know also. Thanks.