Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to start on a kit car

I'd like to start on a kit car

but I don't know where to start. I don't know where to get the parts or anything? Help please? If there is links or websites you know of then I'd be glad if you post them. Also if this isn't in the right place please message me and tell me where to put it. Sorry for any inconvenience?

EDIT: I was thinking of a Nissan Skyline doesn't matter really what year. but I'd like anything really.

Re: I'd like to start on a kit car

You need to start by deciding what type of car you would like to build. Any ideas? Once you know hat you want, this forum will be a grat help. If you're still undecided, ask for suggestions, and go from there. Welcome to the forum. I'm new here to, but a veteran on others.

Look through the build threads and see what this site is all about. You will find basically Ferrari and Lambo inspired kits. If this is what you like you are in the right place. Their is also other sites for just Lambo's, Cobras, and others. It's all in what makes you drool.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Look through the build threads and see what this site is all about. You will find basically Ferrari and Lambo inspired kits. If this is what you like you are in the right place. Their is also other sites for just Lambo's, Cobras, and others. It's all in what makes you drool.
    I'm looking at the diary section and am liking what I see. But I'm looking for a project that me and my dad can do together.

how much money do you want to spend on your kitcar? about how much to finish the entire project?

I'm not sure how much is average? I don't want to spend like 20000 or anything i don't think i can afford that so... Whats the cheapest I can go???

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeydawg
    I'm not sure how much is average? I don't want to spend like 20000 or anything i don't think i can afford that so... Whats the cheapest I can go???
    No more than 20k? Might as well stop now bra, you wont go far with anything under 20k. Not my .2 cents just harsh reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets303
    No more than 20k? Might as well stop now bra, you wont go far with anything under 20k. Not my .2 cents just harsh reality.
    x2, if you do the right research and have patience you can find a finished F355 replica, Countach, or 308 for under $20k. But if you plan on building on, it is going to cost ALOT more

Quote Originally Posted by *fill-up*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets303
    x2, if you do the right research and have patience you can find a finished F355 replica, Countach, or 308 for under $20k. But if you plan on building on, it is going to cost ALOT more
    can I have an estimate? I'll try to get some money to pay for it?

where are you located?
    sometimes you can find a 1/2 compleated project that someone has no time to finish...for egsample like mine! I just sold it to a member on here... look around in your area and you can find something already started and add your own flair to it