Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 87 Fiero GT Automatic Tranny HELP!

87 Fiero GT Automatic Tranny HELP!

What kind of transmission/where can I get a transmission for it! I have been told that an Oldsmobile (forgot the model) tranny will fit, is this true?

Re: 87 Fiero GT Automatic Tranny HELP!

go here:
    www.car-part.com

The same transmission is in a variety of cars, and that site will pull up local junkyards that have one. A while back I got one out of a 91 chevy lumina van if i remember right...

for the automatic you are looking for TH-125C which is a very common automatic transmission. If you are upgrading the horsepower you might as well get the TH-125C to TH-200 specs to handle the additional power but if you just want a direct bolt-on transmission then just get the TH-125C.

http://spacecoastfieros.com/tech/440-4T60/

you can order from this site

http://www.everythingtransmissions.c..._transmissions

i got one,how close to ohio are you.but if you can find a 4t60 it is a much better trans,plus you get over drive.the only thing you have to buy is new axles,about 150.00 and your set!!

john

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stryker
    i got one,how close to ohio are you.but if you can find a 4t60 it is a much better trans,plus you get over drive.the only thing you have to buy is new axles,about 150.00 and your set!!

john
    Stryker i totally agree with you it adds 30 lbs of weight an give you overdrive so on the freeway @ 70 mph the engine is only turning 1600-2000 RPM s
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER

john
    Stryker i totally agree with you it adds 30 lbs of weight an give you overdrive so on the freeway @ 70 mph the engine is only turning 1600-2000 RPM s
    I would not replace the Fiero 3sp Auto. For the little work of the 4T60, you get a much better gas millage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER

john
    I would not replace the Fiero 3sp Auto. For the little work of the 4T60, you get a much better gas millage.
    it is a lot stronger of a trans,i have one in mine behind my small block.simple swap,well worth it.

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions but I just want to replace it with a another automatic tranny, nothing too fancy. According to Car-part.com, there is a junk yard within 7 miles that has a 1987 Transmission Oldsmobile Ciera, will that fit the fiero? Carpart says it should just want to confirm it

Quote Originally Posted by *fill-up*
    Hey guys thanks for the suggestions but I just want to replace it with a another automatic tranny, nothing too fancy. According to Car-part.com, there is a junk yard within 7 miles that has a 1987 Transmission Oldsmobile Ciera, will that fit the fiero? Carpart says it should just want to confirm it
    not sure,you will have to look at it. by the late 80's alot of gm cars were comming with the overdrive.

Anyone else know about this?