Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP MURCI BODY WONT MOUNT ON?? WITH PICS N VIDEO!

Re: HELP LP640 BODY WONT MOUNT ON?? WITH PICS

I cut more off the front wheel wells and took the entire radiator mount off and cut back about 3'' on my donor. That might drop the front off a few inches. Oh and thats a regular Murci my man not the Lp.

Re: HELP MURCI BODY WONT MOUNT ON?? WITH PICS

Get the body as low as you can on the chassis. Even if it means cutting more Fiero material from the front fender areas.
    I would suggest cutting the frame just rear of the rad support and lower the entire rad support and rad then just weld it into the new position, add some reinforcement.
    Once you have as low as possible, make some steel frame rails that will match the rocker shape, inboard front hood lines and the sides of the engine bay. Position the body exactly in the center the way you want it then weld these frame supports onto the Fiero. Now the body has something to rest on.
    More supports will need to be added later once the main body is mounted. Areas like the bumpers and fender skirts need to have supports made up and fastened it too.
    When it is time to mount the body, use windshield urethane to bond the body to the chassis. It is expensive but holds like crazy. It also acts as a stiff rubber mount between the steel and fiberglass.

Re: HELP LP640 BODY WONT MOUNT ON?? WITH PICS

Quote Originally Posted by Jets303
    I cut more off the front wheel wells and took the entire radiator mount off and cut back about 3'' on my donor. That might drop the front off a few inches. Oh and thats a regular Murci my man not the Lp.
    Hes right yours is the regular Lambo
    Lambo Murci
    http://www.skinz.org/cars/lamborghin...llpapers-1.jpg

Lambo LP640
    http://images.automobilemag.com/mult...o_lp640+01.jpg

so no one kow what else i got cut off?

Ill send you pics of my chassis. Wont be til weekend tho.sorry.

ok now i have a video of what going on with mounting on the body on youtube, please ignore the custom paint job lol. I would have thought there would be more help on here but none for far? http://www.youtube.com/user/turbodre.../0/fEGdOkKhobM

ok i so much off it is going to interfere with the blower motor is this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinner
    Get the body as low as you can on the chassis. Even if it means cutting more Fiero material from the front fender areas.
    I would suggest cutting the frame just rear of the rad support and lower the entire rad support and rad then just weld it into the new position, add some reinforcement.
    Once you have as low as possible, make some steel frame rails that will match the rocker shape, inboard front hood lines and the sides of the engine bay. Position the body exactly in the center the way you want it then weld these frame supports onto the Fiero. Now the body has something to rest on.
    More supports will need to be added later once the main body is mounted. Areas like the bumpers and fender skirts need to have supports made up and fastened it too.
    When it is time to mount the body, use windshield urethane to bond the body to the chassis. It is expensive but holds like crazy. It also acts as a stiff rubber mount between the steel and fiberglass.

Re: HELP MURCI BODY WONT MOUNT ON?? WITH PICS N VIDEO!

pm sent
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Re: HELP MURCI BODY WONT MOUNT ON?? WITH PICS N VIDEO!

why did you or some kid paint those dots on the side? you must not take your build very seriously IMO. I only say that because your going to have to sand that crap out before you paint.