Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F355 Airbag suspension help

F355 Airbag suspension help

On my F355 Spyder rep, there is front airbag suspension, it doesn't have a compressor because the one it had stopped working so I usually just fill it up to a level where it looks like the car is sitting nicely, but the ride is still extremely bumpy and I feel every pot hole and crack in the road (I live in Chicago) is there any way I can wrap a Spring around the bags or some kind of suspension around them so it is a softer ride? I am clueless as far as suspensions go, so all help is appreciated!

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: F355 Airbag suspension help

do the fiero have a wide track susp. or did it come with wheel adapters you can use a coilover setup thru the susp. Post a picture of what you have ,remove the tire an take a pic so we can help you
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    do the fiero have a wide track susp. or did it come with wheel adapters you can use a coilover setup thru the susp
    I think it has spacers, but not sure, how do I check?

Jack the car up an remove one front wheel an take a pic.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    Jack the car up an remove one front wheel an take a pic.
    alright, will do it as soon as the shop opens up on monday

I do not know of anyone that makes a kit to be added to the airbag suspension. There are lambo guys out there who have both a regular suspension and airbags but only use the airbags to lift the front for a high driveway etc. My recommendation would be to toss the airbags and buy yourself a set of front and rear coil overs. This will give you the adjustability of the airbags and a better ride. You can use the coilovers with and without wheel spacers.

The air bags will give you the harshest ride with unpredictable ride height. I too suggest you scrap them and go with coil springs. You will need springs around the 350 to 400# rating on your front.

all my parts are made by erik,s company

If you decide to delete the air bag suspension, please let me know so that I can consider purchasing your components. I need something for a lowered Mera that will get it out of the driveway and over speed bumps without scraping the front end air dam.

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by *fill-up*
    On my F355 Spyder rep, there is front airbag suspension, it doesn't have a compressor because the one it had stopped working so I usually just fill it up to a level where it looks like the car is sitting nicely, but the ride is still extremely bumpy and I feel every pot hole and crack in the road (I live in Chicago) is there any way I can wrap a Spring around the bags or some kind of suspension around them so it is a softer ride? I am clueless as far as suspensions go, so all help is appreciated!
    Nelson

fill-up, what kind of bag setup do you have, more specifically the bags them self. Are they plain o'bags or do they have have shocks in them. I might be interested in them if they have shocks built into them.
    pictures would be nice .