Thread: How to measure for wheel adopters and wheel spacers?

How to measure for wheel adopters and wheel spacers?

I have a 87 fiero gt got mercy 1 from carkit inc and oem gallerdo rims. So far i measured from the hub to the back of the rim and coming out to 3 1/2 inces from where i have the rims lined up flush with the body. All the rims front and back are 3 1/2 they said the adapters going to be 1.25 thick and the rest spacer but my question is i thought the rear rim spacers are suppose to be more longer?

Re: How to measure for wheel adopters and wheel spacers?

Your question isn't very clear,try rewording it "i thought the rear rim spacers are suppose to be more longer?"Don't you mean wider?Yes,they are wider on some kit cars,but not all.My Testarassa has no spacers or adaptors in the front,but has 2&1\2 inch adaptors in the rear.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

If you can avoid the spacers I would at all costs. If you can find a set of compmotive rims for your car the offset is built into some of their rims and you won't need the spacers.

You did not state if the body is already installed on the fiero or not. If it is NOT installed yet then I would not order anything yet as the measurments will probably change once the body is actually installed. Once the body is installed, the best way to get the rims where you want them is set them in the wheel wells where you want them preferably with the tires on them and then just measure the distance from the inner hub surface of the rim to the hub face on the fiero. I can't stress this enough but do this on both sides the body may not be centered on the fiero.