Thread: G28 Glass Questions

G28 Glass Questions

I'm getting ready to take on my doors (My LP640 - G28 project purchased from Rob).

I found this posted on the site on a previous thread:

GLASS:
    This has been confirmed by T-Doyle who has had a g28 roadster with door glass he used AGP
    For the G28 front windshield you use a 1996 Nissan Maxima windshield.
    For the side quarter glass windows and back glass, you use clear plexiglass.
    For the door glass you use a 2000 Saturn Coupe door glass.
    Some people have used a 1996 rear Nissan Maxima door track and window motor with a 00-01' Daewoo Leganza 2 door coupe door glass.
    Some people have also used rear window regulators from an Infiniti J30 to make the window glass go up and down and they have bought custom door glasses from AGP Glass Company in Knoxville, TN. To order the door glass from AGP , and when you place the order you ask for 2001 Diablo Roadster factory door glass number 59 and 60.
    AGP Phone # 865-675-0525

Here is what I have so far:

- Two Window regulators from a J30 (rear doors) $150 including shipping
    - Side window glass from AGP (Numbers 59 & 60) $350 including shipping
    - Rear deck lid release (on drivers door jamb) Ebay $160 including shipping
    - OEM Lambo window switches $100 for the pair

- Door Hinges - Some were included in what I purchased from Rob but I may upgrade
    - Door latches & Shocks - Included in what I purchased from Rob.

Still need:

- Door poppers (latch release acuators)
    - Keyless entry system (I'll probably order these with the poppers, any suggestions on a brand?)

Maxima door tracks - Here is where I really need some help guys. I read that you should use the rear window tracks from a 96 Maxima. Every place that I've called will only sell me the complete doors since they claim that removing the tracks will destroy the doors. This is not good if I need to ship them however I'm ok since I found a set about 2 hours drive away for $300 (the pair) and I wanted to check with you guys one more time to make sure these are what I need before making the trip and spending the money.

I think that with these window tracks and door poppers, I'll have everything I need to begin building my inner door frames from square tubing and pulling my doors together.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: G28 Glass Questions

Check E-bay, 96 Maxima rear window tracks w/ motor 43.99 free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Havemurci
    Check E-bay, 96 Maxima rear window tracks w/ motor 43.99 free shipping.
    I looked on Ebay (tried about 6 different search possiblities) and could not come up with this auction. Might be that it ended or someone purchased them before I could find them. 8)

I've been reading that the J30 regulators are cable driven lifts (with a track) that are the right height. I'm under the impression that the Maxima window tracks are the felt lined guides on each end of the window that keep it in the door frame as it moves up and down?

Can someone please confirm if this is correct about the Maxima window frames?

Also does anyone know if the J30 motors have a built in limit switchs (max up and down position) or is this something that must be added? Most of the newer motors do this via resistance vs. a mechanical limit switch however I don't know if this is the case with these older J30 units.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris