Thread: Actuator

Actuator

Can anyone recommend a good door actuator, the ones I have make too much noise when activated.

Thanks
    Mike

Re: Actuator

is this a linear actuator your after ?
    DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

It is the actuators that you normally use to open a door latch or read deck latch.

Thanks
    Mike

I was looking at fitting actuators into my lambo doors.. decided in the end it was a bad idea..

2 reasons.. if your battery goes you need power to just get in the car. I have small children and one of these little actuators could really squash little fingers.

I'm using an actuator in my spoiler, it does make a bit of noise but isnt massive. I got mine from USA eBay, they did them in different lengths and have built in limiters which makes using them easy.

Steve

It's not that type of actuator where it will open or close the door or deck lid. When activated it will pull or push a rod which will unlock the latch.

Since you mentioned your actuator in the spoiler do you have a part number of any kind, I would like to try and take on that project this winter. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike

You need a solenoid then.. a 'door popper' I think there also known as.

I got a 2" actuator off eBay - 350348690436 one of those for my spoiler :-)

hope this helps.

Steve

Hmm, so the linear actuator stays where you tell it to vs. the door popper (solenoid) goes in or out & rebounds to the neutral resting position. These linear actuators could be used in place of air duct vacuum actuators in the real Countach to open & close the air flaps for the defrost vents, etc.

Hi,
    Have you considered a VW / Audi system , eg vw golf/rabbit mk2 / mk3 , they use a simple vacuum/pressure pump which you can mount anywhere in the car and then run rubber tube to the actuator mounted in the door . Silence on a stick.

Cheers

I have a car that uses actuators to open the door. With a kit car, you can (as in will) have power failures. A back up plan (like more than one) is a must. Trust me, when I say that a dead battery is better than an interior fire when your first exit is electrical. For solenoids to unlock the car, that is a different story. Just make sure to have a plan B (if not another plan B).