Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F430 Door handle mechanism help

F430 Door handle mechanism help

Ok im going to be tackling the doors tomorrow and am confused how the handle mechanism works if it has to be bolted to the original handle or if the original has to be removed and if not how it just works. Any help would be greatley appreciated and i will be in forever in your debt haha. I have added photos so you guys n gurls know what im talking about if you need extra photos of the doors let me know I tried to get photos of all the important parts.

Re: F430 Door handle mechanism help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Cz6...eature=related

Maybe this will help from minute 4:56.

Quote Originally Posted by ESmazter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Cz6...eature=related

Maybe this will help from minute 4:56.
    Replica Happy has it made with this video. That's even better than having to read and decipher a instruction sheet. I wish I had it that easy. Anyone want to make one for me???

no sorry it doesnt as dna's setup is different parts etc. I already looked at that but doesnt help me as my handle is also already bolted to the skin its a complete different design.

Quote Originally Posted by Replica_Happy
    no sorry it doesnt as dna's setup is different parts etc. I already looked at that but doesnt help me as my handle is also already bolted to the skin its a complete different design.
    Post some more photos of what pieces you have to work with. (not blurry) Maybe we can help you figure it out.

Thats the only piece that came with the kit im not sure how this is used to bolt onto the door handle to make it work. The f430 handle is already connected to the skin and cannot be taken off. the you have on the back of the handle a aluminium long piece which is connected to the ring on the back which has free play and has no hole in it. I have attached some more photos I hope someone can help as this is the main thing holding back the build on my car.

It appears to be the bracket used to attach the MR2 door handle to. Hard to see how things line up without seeing it person. Try to get some one local to come out and take a look at it and try to engineer a hinge of sorts to allow you to utilize the handle.

Or you could just bond the handle to the door skin and install door poppers with and emergency release cable.

Good Luck
    DNA Autoworks

Try mounting the bracket to the original handle in this fashion. The outer screws may be used to put tention on the handle to move it up a little. not enough to trigger the latch. just enough to move it up a little so that the new handle will have an easier time pulling it up the rest of the way.

You should be able to attach the rod or cable to your new latch so when you pull up on the new handle it pulls up the OEM one. Simulator to DNA's set up. Although your handle is mounted to the door skin instead of the original door frame like DNA's

Attached Images Attached Images  

il try that this weekend really appreciate the help mate.

maybe Im missing somthing but what is holding the new door handle in place square and secure a rod or cable wil just twist. the actual new door handle needs to be hinged in some way