Thread: Need Help Please with my Cobra

Need Help Please with my Cobra

Hi, I need your help. I have a mid states cobra with a 351 Cleveland. Tonight went to the local car show and at closing time the car would not start. The battery had voltage but the car would not turn over, nada. This happens when the engine is hot. Not over heating but will not start when warm. I had to wait till the engine cooled down, the last one there, and she kicked in right away. Please any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Need Help Please with my Cobra

I would suspect your starter. Are you running headers that run close to the starter? Maybe try a heat shield for the starter?

Check your starter solenoid, mine use to do the same thing, replaced it, and all was well.

First cobra post I've seen here even though there are more cobra replicas than any other. When people ask me if my car is a kit car I usually say that the only complete kit that I know of is a cobra.

And those cobras cost more than other kits. Fairly, though, they do keep up their resale value compared to other kits. What gets me, is that there is a double standard when it comes to cobras vs. other kits. You see, when you try to make or sell a diablo, murci, ferrari, etc., they look down on it if it doesn't have proper opening doors, side working glass, convertible/targa top, etc. But when it's a high dollar cobra, you'll be lucky if you have any of those things!!!! I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a proper donor (meaning no transfering of engine, parts, cutting or stretching, etc.) for one of these kits. There is some money in it there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jah315
    I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a proper donor (meaning no transfering of engine, parts, cutting or stretching, etc.) for one of these kits. There is some money in it there somewhere.
    There was a company that based a Cobra on the 280z.. It was a kit built in the 90's and called the Tomahawk.. I rember it was made by an American Indian owned and operated company..

Mr ferrari, check your pms

Quote Originally Posted by AntonV
    Hi, I need your help. I have a mid states cobra with a 351 Cleveland. Tonight went to the local car show and at closing time the car would not start. The battery had voltage but the car would not turn over, nada. This happens when the engine is hot. Not over heating but will not start when warm. I had to wait till the engine cooled down, the last one there, and she kicked in right away. Please any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Check your solenoid and your cables, if you continue having the problem increase the wire gauge