Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: starting a new thread for the countach ev

starting a new thread for the countach ev

i am now planning the build, however i am already seeing some issues. i noticed the door and quarter panel line will not allow the door to scissor. is thier any other issue that you all might see?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: starting a new thread for the countach ev

well no bull. i totally agree with you. as a matter of fact i build chassis here and unfortuantly im still waiting on parts from the laser people to complete my new chassis. which i should add is modulated. the rear section is unboltable and the whole cradle ( suspension and all is removable right out from the bottom of the car. i can also say that some of the rear fire wall and tunnel is removable also to allow belt changing in the front. i am planning on doing alot of fiberglass interior panels to be included with the chassiswhich would and should save time. the chassis is almost done. i am just waiting for a few more parts so i can complete it and post all my pics here and elsewhere.
    i do think it might be worth my while to also offer this in electic.

but seriously to me this body does look a touch longer. and i am also just not sure what to do about the windows. that is my biggest hold back. i am not afriad of making the body, i have made tons of metal bodies in my day working in the nascar field, along with the chassis. but that is my other problem i am not good with electrical, i do not deal with the interior, and i am not the greatest at body work. however i do have engineer friends that have made and use electric cars and along with a good friend that has exceptional body working skills ( has had stuff in shows and magazines) and two places that do make award winning interiors.
    looks like i almost have everything i need but the plastic part and glass part. when i get that together i believe i will do it. could be fun.

BUILD IT Cliff!! Maybe this will jump start this sagging rut we seem to be in.

Have these photos from the net also ... Was looking in to it as I have built a EV Bike.

Countach EV
    http://www.automoblog.net/2009/12/22...ch-ev-concept/

hey Cliff,
    I think a few things really should be redesigned to really allow the "Countach" to poke through. right now it looks too much like a Murci in my opinion. definitely change the door line for the scissor as this is the signature of the Countach and needs to have it. I was telling a few friends it kinda looks like the Marauder Countach of a while back

Will

what do you meean it looks like the mercy alittle will?
    i think a bat wing in it would be cool but i think it would need to look somthing like the 25th flaring when opened up.

i have made up my mind on this part i think as far as the suspension and chassis goes i am going with the 105 wheel base with the typical wide stance of the mecry/diablo. i think it would definetly be stable.

seeing how im not a body man or talented enough to do a sculpter like lambo mike or prototype. i am going to have build this car out of alum. and steel. otherwise ill go nutsi will have to upgrade my english wheel.... hhmmmmm now i have a reason to do that and the old lady will have to deal with it. hehe.

the first place to start with is odviously the green house. do need to either pic a current windshield or have one made. i am however going to use the origial rear glass and placement. but i do think the front glas would look better with a slight curve in it.
    any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffscustomfab
    the first place to start with is odviously the green house. do need to either pic a current windshield or have one made. i am however going to use the origial rear glass and placement. but i do think the front glas would look better with a slight curve in it.
    any suggestions?
    I've always thought that the Ford Galaxy windscreen looks to be big enough and with enough curve for something like this. I don't know what the reality is, but it would certanly be tall enough to accomodate the extended length onto the front bonnet if held at a lower angle than on the Galaxy..

Actually the door could scissor it looks to be styled like the mclaren slr door.

i think here lies the issue for a true scissor for the new Countach

I know its bad but you get the idea