Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Testarossa w-shield chapter-2

Testarossa w-shield chapter-2

We done filled up the other site.The only way a sebring or avenger windshield is too wide,is if you measure a conv,or
    the wrong year! the one in the pictures is uncut,and i took it out of an avenger myself,it dosen't matter if it's going in a
    355 or 512 or even a 308 the width is the same at the bottom of the fiero w-shield posts,as i said it dosen't sit in the fiero side channel,but into the new w-shield surround i made.
    MIKE

Re:Testarossa w-shield chapter-2

Found a 86 Sebring{Avenger, same thing} sitting near a Fiero today in the local U-pick. Easy measuring and comparison. Looks like it will work, so I'm doin it!
    They want $75 and they remove it. Unfortunately, there is a couple scratches and a wiper burn mark. Good enough for test fitting then throw it away and buy a good one later.
    But I hate throwing away $75. Mike, how does that price sound to you?
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Ok Mike, don't get MAD. I checked out the Coupe today at a used car lot and it is very close. I will get one ordered. Do I need to have it cut anyplace on the glass. I guess I previously checked the wrong car. I believe you said the 96 would drop in. I posted the lower panel I have and I believe it will work with the Neon wiper cover at the bottom to fill the gap between the hood and windshield.

Is there anything else I need to know ( regarding the windshield conversion that is).

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

TO DALE AND DAVE!! Dale,don't waste your money on a throwaway,you're coming by the shop in a few weeks anyway if you don't get lost!!HA<HA<if you like it i can get one local for that in a few hours,and i'll still have to make you a windshield surround,as i said,i have a lot of time into making it work,so i don't mind making one.Dave,do you have to do yours right now?or can you wait till dale gets here?where are you from?can dale bring you back a mounting panel?i don't know what labor costs up north,but i have about 50 hours into these plug parts now,with another 10 to finish,so it's a lot of work for 1 car,but i'll have the molds in a week or two.
    MIKE

Mike:

I live in Tampa, Florida. Where are you located? I will need the windshield surround for my car. I believe I can use the lower pan with modification to se the windshield upon. What else will I need to get from you?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MADMIKE
    TO DALE AND DAVE!! Dale,don't waste your money on a throwaway,you're coming by the shop in a few weeks anyway if you don't get lost!!HA<HA<if you like it i can get one local for that in a few hours,and i'll still have to make you a windshield surround,as i said,i have a lot of time into making it work,so i don't mind making one.Dave,do you have to do yours right now?or can you wait till dale gets here?where are you from?can dale bring you back a mounting panel?i don't know what labor costs up north,but i have about 50 hours into these plug parts now,with another 10 to finish,so it's a lot of work for 1 car,but i'll have the molds in a week or two.
    MIKE

Mike. Do you mean you could supply a used "non-throwaway windshield" No scratches, chips or wiper burn areas?
    My thoughts were to cut off the lower windshield lip from the top of the Sebring cowl and weld it to the Fiero. Would your mounting panel accomplish this same thing?
    Would 'glassing this panel to the car be strong enough? Thanks

DALE,the windshield i used to mock up the mountig panel was like new,and cost me 60$.ther are 3 big salvage yards within
    20 minutes of my shop,if you know you're coming by on the way back to the great cold north,i'll pick one up for you,and it's 1500 less miles to drive with it in your car,i have to go get one for the 355 anyway,you don't need the metal,the fiberglass surround also bonds and rivits to the original fiero
    glass channel all the way around,i'll try to take a picture
    tomorrow of the panel off the car with the windshield out and post it now that i know how.
    MIKE

OK Mike, I"m comming. Yes I would like a windshield in that price range and a mounting panel. How much for the panel and can I send you some money up front. I plan to catch the Kitcar show at Daytona, March 29, and head straight up 95.
    I will be comming into Boston on I-84/Mass Pike. When you have time please send directions to my e-mail address.
    Possibility I may have to go home before this date but I hope not. [temp is great here]

Mike:

How is the windshield surround moving along? I need one yesterday.

Dave

DAVE,I know well,you'll end up with the first one john w's
    getting no-2,and daleford who started this mess gets no-3.
    MIKE