Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAMBORGHINI STUCK!

LAMBORGHINI STUCK!

Hi - Let me get to the point,

I have a LP640 V12 engine and a LP640 E-Gear transmission which I want to put in my custom chassis (which is mid engine so don't worry about that). I need a complete drivetrain to make this car work properly and I don't want to buy a salvaged LP640 for the pieces or buy the pieces seperatley as it will cost a little too much.

My idea is to buy a Porsche Boxster and use the complete drivetrain (diffs, axels, shafts etc) from that car and put it in my chassis - I have seen Boxsters with V8's and 700+hp without major modifications to the drivetrain. Will my idea work? I am trying to save money so I need all your tips as I'm well over original budget>

I appreciate all the help

Re: LAMBORGHINI STUCK!

HUH?

If you have an LP640 engine and e-gear transmission you ALREADY have a drive train!

Quote Originally Posted by rundlc
    HUH?

If you have an LP640 engine and e-gear transmission you ALREADY have a drive train!
    I mean the diffs, axels, drive shaftand all that other stuff I need to work with the engine and transmission. What do I need to make the engine and transmission work in a custom chassis (List the parts?)?

Also I have found this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nismo-GT-LSD-...item20b05cc6e5 will this work?

Its my first build

I'm questioning your post big time because I have not once heard of a Porsche Boxster using V8 ever! and with big horsepower like where can I see that? And with no major drivetrain work!. The only swaps i've ever heard has been a 997 engine being swapped into a boxster and that needed a ton of work to make that happen.

But if your dead set on using porsche parts id recommend such porsche parts out of the 911 turbo, GT2 and Gt3, and even the mighty 930 everything out of that seems to be bullet proof.

The Boxster stuff is pretty weak. I highly doubt your gonna see anyone use parts from that and handle big horsepower.

Quote Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
    I'm questioning your post big time because I have not once heard of a Porsche Boxster using V8 ever! and with big horsepower like where can I see that? And with no major drivetrain work!. The only swaps i've ever heard has been a 997 engine being swapped into a boxster and that needed a ton of work to make that happen.

But if your dead set on using porsche parts id recommend such porsche parts out of the 911 turbo, GT2 and Gt3, and even the mighty 930 everything out of that seems to be bullet proof.

The Boxster stuff is pretty weak. I highly doubt your gonna see anyone use parts from that and handle big horsepower.
    So buy a Porsche 930 and use everything from that to make it work?

I found this would this work: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...5fPartsQ5fCars

or maybe these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...5fPartsQ5fCars

the lambo trans has the dif in it, it doesnt use a drive shaft, there is nothing you need but a chassis and hubs to connect your axels too. if you know this little about cars then I suggest you reframe from building one :-\
    GREENMEANSGO-

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    the lambo trans has the dif in it, it doesnt use a drive shaft, there is nothing you need but a chassis and hubs to connect your axels too. if you know this little about cars then I suggest you reframe from building one :-\
    GREENMEANSGO-
    Hey I'm getting a guy named Cliff from Cliff's Custom Fabrications to actually build it for me, we are working out what we need to complete a fully operational driveable vehicle.

We have:
    - Custom chassis (which includes all wiring, plumbing, brakes, suspension, driving column, fuel tank and water tank only)
    - Full exterior Lamborghini kit
    - LP640 Engine
    - LP 640 E-gear transmission

Please list what we need to get this thing driving I would appreciate it

Where the heck did you get a LP640 motor?!

Quote Originally Posted by *fill-up*
    Where the heck did you get a LP640 motor?!
    If you can answer my questions (my last comment) I will give you the guys contact where you can get them good and cheap

??? uh.. um.. err.. im confused..