Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firebird Camaro Lambo?

Firebird Camaro Lambo?

Just seen this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/lambo...item35aa392fd9

I think this was a worthy attempt however as I suspected, since the engine is up front, getting the firewall and engine low enough to accomidate a low slung Lambo look, just doesn't happen in my opinion.

Chris

Re: Firebird Camaro Lambo?

Geez,damn ugly looks like a Great White the front nose.

It's one of those carkitinc.com kits.

I knew from a start this kit will have "FAIL" written all over it...

I'm curious to see how they'll get the front of the engine to clear the angle needed for the hood. In the video Jackie says that relocating the air intake will do it however I'm not so sure that will be the only thing needed.

This could be one reason why the car is shown the whole time without a hood and hopefully they don't solve this problem with a silly scoop on the hood.

I'm also wondering how the hatch is going to turn out since it'll be one piece with no vent cutouts or mesh in the louvers. I'll give it to Jackie for at least trying this which is more than some guys ever do.

Chris

That is the "Murcy 4" which is based on an LS1 firebird.

Man it is highly unsafe because they've cut away pretty much most of the supports on the vehicle. It doesn't shock me that they wanna sell this project, don't get me wrong I think its a hell of an idea considering your going to get a V8 with a lamborghini body but its just not looking good enough. ;D For 9,000+the donor car which lets just say for a running worthy donor its 4,000 your going to spend upwards of the cost of a Chassisworks kit.

Realistically I believe the car can be built right for under 20k solid but it ain't no budget build thats for sure.

If they offered the kit for much less id be extremely interested, I was until I heard about the 9k asking price for the body kit. :

I figured okay I can buy one of those nasty LT1 Camaro's off Craigslist, put this body over it and go beat the piss out of some ricers. They wanna brag about how they beat V8's with a 4banger and ill go brag about how my fake lambo beats real exotics. :P

i dont usually talk like this but..... this kit was a joke from the start. ugliest lp kit ever and a hack job on the donor. i know everybody wants the dream murci kit(cheap,accurate,powerful) but this will never be it!

From what I can see, the main problem is the front is about 3 or 4 inches too high. So why not just put lowering springs on the front? You might have to cut the front wheel openings a little more, but then you would have a kit with no stretching and LS1 or LT1!! Sure the price needs to come down, but I thing most people could build this kit quickly and completely (complete being the operative word since most projects never get completed by the originator)!

That car is hideous

Worthy attempt but unfortunately the resulting front nose is UGLY and looks bad....
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!